Remove/not display particular elements using Content_plug-in3

premierhw

Hi all, I am new to Fabik.

I am creating the user registration form and the database stracture is as below: (All elements are mandatory field)

id | code | name | age | DOB
--+-------+--------+-----+------------
1 | 123456 | Thomas | 22 | 5 APR 1991
2 | 234567 | Henry | 23 | 5 APR 1992
3 | 345678 | Gordon | 24 | 5 APR 1993
4 | 456789 | Edward | 25 | 5 APR 1994

When the users add their profile, `code` are shown by dropdown menu which is used Joins from other table. And once the user complete their registration, the `code` will be taken off from the dropdown menu by php(*1).

I try to use Content_plug-in3 {fabrik view=form id=1 rowid=1} for let the users edit their records in database however the user cannot submit it because `code` is a mandatory field even though there are only other code shown (Of course the user's code has already been taken off by php).

Is it possible to remove/not display particular element using Content_plug-in3? and let the user edit certain element value?
I was finding for similar forum posts but couldn't find. or perhaps missed it...

It would be great if someone could help me.
Thank you in advance!

*1: Please find attached image.

Attachments

• 2013-04-05_1131.png
    2013-04-05_1131.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 224
Copy your list. This will give you a new set list/form/group/elements linked to the same underlying database table (i.e. showing/modifying the same data)

Disable the "new" code element, delete the php form plugin from the "new" from and use the "new" form in content plugin

Copy your list. This will give you a new set list/form/group/elements linked to the same underlying database table (i.e. showing/modifying the same data)

Disable the "new" code element, delete the php form plugin from the "new" from and use the "new" form in content plugin

Thank you for your reply, troester!
Could you possibly explain me more easier using example? That would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back