Email Cloak problem with Fabrik Content Plugin

Fromen

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I've got Joomla Email Cloaking off, but when I use the Fabrik Search All on my List (using the content plugin), I see an email cloaking error.

I'm using the Fabrik Content Plugin in an article to display a List to the public:
{fabrik view=list id=18 clearfilters=1 resetfilters=1 showfilters=1 show-title=0}

List has Search All enabled.
List displays correctly, until I perform a search.
Then I see an error related to one element (field, type=email, guess link=yes):
"This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."

Things I've tried:
  • Verified that Joomla Content - Email Cloaking is disabled.
  • Tested instead using a Fabrik List menu item. This works correctly; I do not see the email cloak error.
  • Tried using {emailcloak=off} in the article, but that does not work. Not being processed at all.
  • Doesn't seem to make a difference if List has "Process Joomla Plugins" enabled or disabled.
Joomla 2.5.19, Fabrik 3.1

Have I forgotten a setting somewhere? Is this a bug in the Fabrik Content Plugin? Appreciate any help you can provide someone still learning Fabrik.

Thanks!

Hi,

A couple of things to try...

1) If you can access the back-end of Joomla, even if it's disabled, go into the properties for the email cloaking plugin and set it's "order" to last.
2) In the Article, make sure {emailcloak=off} is at the end (after the Content plugins)

Also, you should consider a couple of things in where/when/if you expose email addresses:

1) If public, spambots will likely eventually start spamming your users with email
2) In Europe - there are recent privacy laws that forbid exposing them http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/ so if some of your users may be based there you may want to consider that as well

Uncloaking with J! 3.3 and Fabrik 3.1 works for me IF {emailcloak=off} is after the content plugin(s).

Reactions: rob
Have you tried updating form github or updating to Fabrik 3.2? I read in the commit history that something was addressed with email cloaking, although I'm not sure its this exact issue

i upgraded to fabrik 3.2 today and still having issue. when page loads the first time, the emails display fine. when you select page 2 or filter the list the emails go away replaced with the message "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." I am using chrome to load the page. I have javascript enabled on my browser. Confused as to what the problem might be.

I've tried to reproduce this can can't. The only other thing I can think of to try is disabling extensions one at a time and see if that changes anything. A pain - I know ... but isolation may be the key here.

I turned off the "Guess link type" in the element options. When "guess link type" is turned off the emails show up just fine no matter how the info is filtered. I tested by turning the "guess link type" back on and the error returned.

Maybe there is an issue with the "Guess link type" option?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back