[Solved] Even super user can't submit form from frontend

Pangolin

Hi. I have an odd problem on my live site.
When someone tries to submit a one of the forms on the front end (called performances) they get the following error:

You don't have permission to access /edit-performances/form/2/ on this server.

Though accessing it is fine, it is just when you hit submit. This happens for everyone including the super user. Weirdly everything works fine from the backend and all the other forms work fine from the front end, and this form did work this morning. I've checked the permissions on the list and even tried setting them all public, but nothing helps.

One related thing I did was delete some old user accounts, I'm wondering if this has screwed things up somehow?

Anyone have any ideas? I've checked every permission I can think of in joomla, but I'm not sure which bit of it is complaining.

If I download the site to my testing server with akeeba it works fine. I am now wondering if it did ever work on the live site or if I am misremembering.

Ok the culprit is the join on the list. Created a new list, everything works fine. Added a join to the new list, got the error above. Remove the join everything ok again. The odd thing is that it works fine on my testing server. The test server is running Ubuntu 14.04 the live server is hosted on Rochen uk. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

You don't have permission to access /edit-performances/form/2/ on this server.
This is no Fabrik error message. It seems you have some other access restrictions on this server (htaccess, mod-security, redirects...?). Looks like a missing Joomla root in the URL.
Did you try to disable SEF URLs?

I then get:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I think I've fixed it.
I had forgotten to set the join to be repeatable. I guess that without this, fabrik (or the database) thought the ids should be unique, so it worked if the data I was adding was unique but failed if it wasn't. I guess my local server just sent a warning about this somewhere but allowed it, whereas my production server refused to do it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back