One J2.5 fabrik 3 to 3.2 update experience.

cmendla

PLEASE - note your mileage will probably vary greatly.

I manage a site that is currently on Joomla 2.5.28.

• I'm a bit fuzzy on exactly which version of fabrik was running but I believe it was 3.1.
  • I ran an akeeba backup.
  • I installed the 3.2 package from the Joomla installer.
  • After installation some of the forms weren't working.
  • I ran the joomla updates for everthing showing fabri in the joomla updater
  • After that, the front and back ends of the site were blank.
  • I used a bunch of bad words I ftp'd the 3.2 github files to the site.
  • Now, it appears that the front and back ends are OK and it seems that the forms are working.
Note - I use artisteer for templates and added the following code in the html options - This SEEMS to cause the bootstrap functions to work.
Code:
<script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/media/jui/css/bootstrap.css" type="text/css" />

I ran the joomla updates for everthing showing fabri in the joomla updater
If you are installing Fabrik3.2 on a Fabrik3.0 (download/Joomla updated) version there shouldn't be anything in the Joomla updater (always clear Joomla and browser caches after any update - not only Fabrik ones).

So if you've seen something in the Joomla updater I assume you have been running a GitHub updated Fabrik3.0 version and in this case you MUST do a GitHub update again after installing Fabrik3.2.
See
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrading-from-3-0-to-3-1/

It seems with your additional Joomla update you have "updated" some parts to old Fabrik3.0 code.

After installation some of the forms weren't working.
Yes, updating from Fabrik3.0 to Fabrik3.2 is a migration where you have to adapt several things, see also the link above

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back