Custom link 'Custom link in details' not working

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
I just learned about using the 'Custom link' in the Elements | List view settings area (I know ... I'm a noob! :)

I've started using that and it works great in the list view, but wasn't applying to the details view. Nothing I enter in there (even 'garbage' text) was being seen by the details view of the entries.

I did click the 'Custom link in details' YES, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

I just want to have certain elements, when displayed with the details layout to have a custom link.

Am I expecting functionality that isn't there?
Or have I found a bug?

NOTE: I am using a custom layout for this and have tried both 'element' and 'element_ro' neither works.
I was able to get a work-around by manually 'building' the link from the custom layout file, but I'd really like to move that back into the table settings if possible.

Hi,
I have the same bug with J2.5.28 (yeah yeah I know...) and Fabrikar 3.3.2.
I can't update this website (a new one is programmed for next years) but I need this missing link.

Thnaks for your help

Hmmm... this is pretty old.
On J!3.6.x and Fabrik 3.5 the link seems to be working fine now.
Unfortunately, the only solution might be to upgrade (or live without that feature).

Yes of course I suppose it works with update but I really can't do that so I suppose it's dead for this :-/ Or maybe I can test a Fabrikar update 3.3->3.5 but I really think it's gonna break something ^^ Backup and go on !

Yup... that's why only work with clients that can afford to keep their sites continually updated. My brain just doesn't have the ability to remember how to work with multiple versions of Joomla! :)

This client can afford a new one but next year not now, and it'x partially my fault if Fabrik is not updated because I d'ont want to take the "risk" and time to try an update of this component wichi is used by many functin in the website.(backup->update->a looot of test of tall the functun->if not ok restore>explanation to the client)

You really can't use the recent Fabrik on Joomla2.5.28 (you can be glad if Fabrik3.3.2 does what you need, don't touch ;) )

Fabrik3.5 needs at least J!3.5.1

You may try a calc element creating the link you need or a custom template.

BTW ... the method I use on all my 'complicated' sites to safely upgrade Fabrik is:

1. Make an akeeba backup of the site
2. Create a new 'test' site (this is very easy/free with my hosting company CloudAccess)
3. Restore the akeeba backup to the test site
4. Upgrade the test site and test
5. If all goes well, then ...
6. Backup the live site again (and store off-site)
7. Update Fabrik

Although I get VERY nervous each time I need to update Fabrik, I've yet to have anything break (as long as I have the required versions - like troester mentioned.)
(Now, updating the server PHP version has been a different store :-( )

A SIDE NOTE ...
I used to use a hosting company that boasted that they allowed you to replicate a site then you could later make that replication live.
For those that might think this is good, it really isn't practical on any site that is more than a content site. If you have ecommerce or other activities where users add or update data you will loose all that data when you push the replication live.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back