Showing databasejoins in a list?

I have a "Job Builder" application. The form allows the user to fill in a few fields in a parent table (some of the data is from databasejoin elements (like a list of Categories - we do not want the user to be able to edit these - only choose from a list - think like choosing products from a shopping cart). In this top table we store the id of the parent list. Then we have a repeating list of line items (a bit like building a quote where you add a bunch of product/services). Again we store the ids from other tables rather than raw data.

The Form part works fine. A user can create a new "Job" fine. Now I want a screen where they can view their Jobs... See attached screenshot. I want to replace the columns category and items, with the descriptive values from the original source tables.

I can't work out how to replace the IDs with the databasejoin type elements that will only show the relevant value.

Should I create a duplicate List and add in new databasejoin elements?
Can I use a Calc element to simply show the data rather than having to use a Drop Down or Autocomplete display?

Should I not do this and store the descriptive data in the users' table list?

Am I barking mad?
Screenshot from 2015-07-02 12:27:19.png

I may be mistaken but it looks like you have used the ID as the database join label. If you select a different field a differentresult will be displayed

I may be mistaken but it looks like you have used the ID as the database join label. If you select a different field a differentresult will be displayed

Thanks but I don't think that's right. The table in this list doesn't contain any descriptive text. It just contains IDs that relate to data in other tables... So I'm not sure how I get to display the related data. I have tried adding a databasejoin element to this list and added a WHERE clause to limit the data to just that of this rows' id column but it never populated with anything...

Don't know if it could apply to what you are doing but read this that i've posted in the wiki some time back : WIKI LINK
There i have some examples on using the dbjoin plugin , and i believe that what mamies said above is true, you did point the label to the id instead of the field with the correct text

if the description is in a third table you can use the 'concat'
something like
(select description from third-table where descr-id = {thistable}.your-dbjoin-key-column)

gesendet mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back