Error when Upgrading Fabrik 3.0.9 to Fabrik 3.4.3

llau

Hi there,

We are preparing to upgrade our Joomla 2.5.28 website to the latest Joomla version, and I'm following the instructions to upgrade Fabrik first here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-fabrik3-0-9-to-fabrik3-1-j-3-4/.

I've tried installing the Fabrik packge 3.4.3 twice now, using the Extension Manager and uploading the package, but everytime I seem to be getting the error shown below:
Code:
Fatal error: Class 'Joomla\Utilities\ArrayHelper' not found in /plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 136

I haven't upgraded Joomla yet...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
V

I assume Fabrik3.4 is not longer compatible with J!2.5
You can try:
  • disable the Fabrik system plugin
  • update Joomla
  • install Fabrik3.4.3
  • enable Fabrik system plugin
  • do the migration steps (date format, element settings...)
Please report back if this is working.

Thanks, Troester, I was able to update Joomla to 3.5.1 after disabling the Fabrik system plugin, then installed Fabrik 3.4.3.
It looks like after installing Fabrik it automatically enabled the Fabrik system plugin.

When I try to view the data of a form or a list, i get the following error:
Code:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/admin/default_buttons.php on line 49

You can't use the old Fabrik list and form templates (e.g. admin, default, bluesky etc; they are still in the /components/com_fabrik/views/xx/tmpl folders because an upgrade doesn't delete anything, best is to delete or move them).
You must use bootstrap, bootstrap_tabs or div template (if you had custom ones you must re-create them starting with the new bootstrap/div ones).

Thanks, Troester.....sounds like I should have renamed the "tmpl" folders to "tmpl_old" before I installed the latest Fabrik?

To fix the list view of a form, I've renamed the old tmpl folder in "/components/com_fabrik/views/list" to tmpl_old and the 'tmpl25' to 'tmpl'. I can see the data now, but the headers are a bit mixed up...
Do I need to rename the other tmpl25 folders to tmpl?

I'm using the bootstrap template on one of the forms, but I'm geting a javascript error shown below:
Code:
TypeError: a.fn.popover is undefined

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 367
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 333
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 344
I should have renamed the "tmpl" folders to "tmpl_old" before I installed the latest Fabrik
yes ;), but this doesn't matter.
Don't use the tmpl25 folder (tabs is one of the old templates). Keep the original tmpl folders but move all old templates out of it (it doesn't hurt if they are there, but you must not use them, so it's better if they don't show up in the list).

The recent templates are
form/tmpl/bootstrap
form/tmpl/bootstrap_tabs

list/tmpl/bootstrap
list/tmpl/div

(details view has it's own template folder now
details/tmpl/bootstrap
details/tmpl/bootstrap_tabs)

I think so. You have used the "tabs" template which is an old one and not compatible with Fabrik3.4.3

I had to include the bootstrap css, "JHtml::_('bootstrap.loadCss', true, $this->direction);" in the website template which fixed that particular javascript problem mentioned previously.

The online form is looking much better, but the only issue now is the tips popups and the "required" fields that usually have red stars are not displaying properly...
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Constructor' of undefined(anonymous function) @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2(anonymous function) @ tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2
tipsBootStrapMock-min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError:

Thank you kindly for all of your quick replies!:)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 327
From http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-fabrik3-0-9-to-fabrik3-1-j-3-4/
  • Templates:
    • If you are updating to Joomla3 rename components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl to e.g. components/com_fabrik/views/tmpl_old (same with form) so that you won't get tmpl-folders including old F3.0 and new F3.2 templates
    • Fabrik is providing new templates using bootstrap (list: bootstrap, div; form/details: bootstrap, bootstrap_tabs)
    • Details view template are now in their own folder: components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl (or tmpl25 see below...)
    • So if you have selected specific templates in either
      • menu items
      • the list/form admin page
      • the module admin page
      • a content plug-in declaration
        Then you should edit and alter the templates
    • If you are still using Joomla 2.5 (with Fabrik3.2 only): the old core Fabrik3.0.x templates can be found in components/com_fabrik/views/xxx/tmpl25
Sometimes there have been issues with different system plugins.
So it's recommended to disable the Fabrik system plugin (Extensions/PluginManager), then update to Joomla3.x, then enable the Fabrik system plugin again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back