List with joint tables

molcomp

Hello everyone,

I looked over the forum and there are couple of similar question but they are older posts.
So my trouble is the following. I have 3 tables joint together via one relation table.
Table 1 - Project, Table 2 - Activities, Table 3 - Sub activities, Table 4 is relation table containing joints elements to the other 3 tables. In terms of form design its ok but in a list view I am trying to get grouping by each table. Something Like
Project 1
-Activity 1
-Subactivity 1
-Activity 2
-Subactivity 1
- Activity 3
-Subactivity 1
Project 2
-Activity 1
-Subactivity 1
-Activity 2
-Subactivity 1

For the top level table Project grouping works thought settings in the list but for the other tables its not possible, I guess due to limitation of fabrik. I am looking for advise for the best way to go to achieve the above.

Thanks
Alex

According my knowledge grouping has just one level possible.
One idea came in my mind, when I read your post (just an idea, not tested at all):
Choose 'project' in your lists (details->) layout definition as tab-field. And 'Acivity' as (data->) group-by field..
As said: just a never tested idea :)

Thank you wezetel. I just tried it . Actually kind of works. I need to clean up and remove some of the elements not to show. So I can get just subactivity elements bellow activities but its not bad. But I think I will get stuck with the fourth table that I need to add which is tasks under sub activities :) but thank you vey much for this move forward . I attached the screenshot how it looks.

Alex

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-02-07 20-35-50.png
    Screenshot from 2024-02-07 20-35-50.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Good luck with the 4th level. This is something above my level of knowledge. The question is, if tasks really need to be displayed in the 'general' list or if a custom link should lead to the details of a project...

Thank you both of you for the help. I am in some kind of almost done but too far to finish :).
troester I tried the related feature to some kind of get to the 4th level but I have a slight problem. When I click on the item to get its related data on the next window I get all the data from table not just the data for that the single item. To illustrate I have the following:
Activity 1
SubActivity 1 View (related data link)
SubActivity 2 View (related data link)
Activity 2
SubActivity 1 View (related data link)
SubActivity 2 View (related data link)

I click on View for SubActivity 1 and on the next screen I get the following

Activity 1 SubActivity 1 Task 1
Activity 1 SubActivity 2 Task 2

Activity 2 SubActivity 1 Task 1
Activity 2 SubActivity 2 Task 2
etc

I need to get only the data for the associated link for the above example just for Subactivity 1.

Any idea? Thank you very much for all the help.

Alex

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back