Search results

1. W

Fabrik version compatible with Joomla 1.0.15

Hi folks, I still have a couple of sites that I maintain which use Joomla 1.0.15. One of these has a Fabrik installation but the other doesn't. To install Fabrik on a Joomla 1.0.15 site, should I use Fabrik 1.0.6 ? (in other words is Fabrik 2.0.x compatible with Joomla 1.5.x only?) Thanks
  2. W

Problem getting values from a Form array

[ Fabrik 1.0.5.2 ~ PHP 5.2.6 ~ MySQL 5.0.45 ] Hugh, A couple of the forms in my app have php scripts that run when the form is submitted. They modify database values for a GMaps component based on values submitted in the forms. This past week I was on the site testing some changes I had...
  3. W

DIY Order By (Fabrik 1.0.5.2)

Hi there, I have a database table that is essentially a join table which manages several many-to-many relationships. Essentially it joins person, group, role, and status. It contains only foreign keys from the 4 referenced tables and a primary key. It is displayed in a Fabrik table and I am...
  4. W

PHP error when querying Fabrik table since migrating site

Hugh, Since migrating from the development/test area to the live site, I am getting the following error whenever opening up a Fabrik table. Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/citychur/public_html/smallgroups/components/com_fabrik/views/table/view.html.php on line 127...
  5. W

Migrating to live environment - process question

Hi there I think I have a pretty good idea overall what I need to do to migrate my site to the live environment but I do have a question for you regarding the Fabrik part of the site. I'm assuming that once I've installed Fabrik on the new site I can simply populate the jos_fabrik MySQL tables...
  6. W

PHP error

Hey guys I guess strictly this is somewhere in no-man's land : could be seen as a Fabrik issue or a PHP issue. I am running a PHP script on submitting a Fabrik form, to generate some mapping points for a GMaps extension that I added. The script worked fine (eventually) but it was very long...
  7. W

values submitted in a form

I am writing a PHP script to run when a form is submitted ... again :-) Does Fabrik "remember" the values that were submitted in the form, in some sort of array ? If so, can you tell me the syntax to access this ... probably something to do with form name and element name, I am guessing ...
  8. W

Controlling column (field) width in Fabrik table

Hi, is there any way of controlling the width of columns (fields) in a Fabrik table ? I have a table with only 5 columns; one of them has a lot more text than the others and currently it is wrapping, which is OK but there is room for the column to be wider, so the text wouldn't have to wrap, and...
  9. W

On Form Submit : Insert or Update ? How to tell ...

I am running a PHP script on form submission but I want it to behave differently depending on whether the form is updating an existing record or creating a new record. Is there a global variable or function that I can call to tell me whether the form is inserting or updating ?
  10. W

mysqli and/or database classes - INITIALIZING CONNECTIONS and PARAMETER BINDING

Hugh/Rob, I am making my way through some PHP manuals - want to try to submit a PHP script to insert a row into a related table after creating a new record in the Person form (run the script after Form submit). I have a couple of questions. re. the PHP classes "mysqli" and "database". I've...
  11. W

calling MySQL stored procedure in PHP script on form submission

Hugh, I understand that on form submission I can run a PHP script. Is it possible to call a MySQL stored procedure from this PHP script ? In certain cases - if a new row has been added - I want to add a row to another table as well. If this is possible can you point me to where I would find...
  12. W

Filtering data access based on user_id of current session

VERSIONS : Joomla : 1.0.15 ~ PHP : 5.2.5 ~ MySQL : 5.0.45-community BACKGROUND : 10 yrs Oracle development experience ; new to Joomla!, MySQL and Fabrik REQUIREMENT : Filter data access (in Fabrik table) depending on which Joomla ! user is logged on NOTE : I asked this question in a Joomla...
  13. W

Getting a picture to display

Fabrik 1.0.5.1 - Joomla 1.0.15 - My SQL 5.0.45 Community =========================================== I read the thread "How do I add a picture view to a form" in the Subscriber support column and it pretty much describes what I want to do. I thought I would be able to accomplish this based...
  14. W

getting TIME to display correctly

Fabrik 1.0.5.1 Joomla! 1.0.15 PHP Version 5.2.5 MySQL version 5.0.45-community Issue : I created a MySQL database for the site I am building. One of the tables includes a column of the TIME datatype. The application is to present information on various cell groups meeting within a...
  15. W

Fatal installation error - Fabrik 1.0.5.1

Below is the error message I received (between dashed lines). I am working with Joomla 1.0.15 ========================================================= Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back