Search results

1. PtrNrs

display element plugin creates field in DB

Where is this up to? I note that on my website, the display element does not create a table field and does not mind the when displaying. On an exact copy of the website on my Mac, the display element does create a table field and does mind displaying (I get an SQL missing error) if the field...
  2. PtrNrs

Cascading Dropdown: Misleading "No Parking" MouseOver Icon

There is a misleading "No Parking" mouseover icon that comes up on a cascading dropdown element, even if it is available to use ie the watched element has been selected. Tricky to explain - better you watch the video...
  3. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

I can, Rob, but the problem has disappeared so it's probably not worth it. You checked my previous post on a similar issue (Button calls wrong Javascript) and you couldn't reproduce it. Though it failed in both Chrome & Firefox, it must be something to do with me, I think. As Hugh notes, JS...
  4. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

Thank you for your moral support, Hugh!
  5. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

I can't make any sense of this at all! I turned off SEF and then the Alert box displayed! Turn on SEF - still working. The SEF business may be irrelevant, I don't know. I don't understand JS and I suspect never will. I feel like I've been through all this before: Button calls wrong...
  6. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

None of that sort of error. I've attached both the JS file and the JS errors I receive. Is there any way I can track the problem through?
  7. PtrNrs

Form Submit JS

Having perused the documents readme.html and Form Javascript Objects, I'm still having trouble working out how to fire JS events on form submission. I have created the custom JS file components/com_fabrik/js/X.js and can successfully call functions from that file. So far so good. However...
  8. PtrNrs

When debugging in Fabrik, use expanded custom JS code

Whoop! I found the answer (where to put custom JS files) in an unlikely spot: at plugins/fabrik_form/js/readme.html. To quote the file:- and yes it works! A little tip: the called function loses the context of the inline JS, so (it seems) you need to pass any objects you might need. So, my...
  9. PtrNrs

Thanks Hugh, I'll go with that 'cept . . . I'm a JS nuffy and I have no idea how to include a file in JS. I assume I need to put an include statement into the inline JS . . . if so, what's the syntax? And where do you recommend locating the JS file?
  10. PtrNrs

Thanks, Rob. Yes, the suggestion to move the JS code is a good one. I'm not too flash on JS, that's why I haven't done it! Please reconsider for a moment though, my first proposal of reexpanding the JS code if we're debugging (hence the variable fabrikdebug):-if(fabrikdebug) { js1 =...
  11. PtrNrs

Button calls wrong Javascript

It's been driving me mad for several weeks and now (fingers crossed) it's been working for me all day too. Rest assured I'll let you know if it reappears.
  12. PtrNrs

No! This problem is both intermittent and browser dependent. Yessterday when I loaded the latest Fabrik, the problem stopped and I assumed that it was a temporary bug in that version of Fabrik. So, I closed this thread - now reopened. Today the problem has reappeared in Chrome & Firefox...
  13. PtrNrs

The above page is http://joomlatrain.net.au/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=140&Itemid=312. I've also extracted the HTML to http://joomlatrain.net.au/fabrik_button_test_1_then_2.html (calls the Button 2 JS for both buttons). Then I reversed the dispatchEvents() calls to create...
  14. PtrNrs

As shown in this video, when I construct a simple form with two buttons, B1 & B2, the first listed B1 runs B2's Javascript and B2's JS is OK. Swap the buttons (B2 then B1) and B2 runs B1's JS. This is behaviour somewhat intermittent - when I first constructed the form on Mac MAMP, it...
  15. PtrNrs

MAMP platform: Database schema update problems

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/pull/791 merged. Thanks, Rob
  16. PtrNrs

I've checked this problem with the latest from GitHub and it still happens. The problem was failure of the call to iconv() in function iclean() in /components/com_fabrik/string.php line 285// Replace accented characters with ascii equivalent e.g. ? => e $str = (str_replace("'", ''...
  17. PtrNrs

For some years I have been successfully trailing my F2.x sites on a MAMP platform on a Macbook Air. With F3.0.x, I find that I am experiencing errors when Fabrik tries to make database schema changes. eg:- When I create a list, a database table is not created; When I change an element type...
  18. PtrNrs

Thanks troester. That looked really optimistic, but I'm not sure that is the answer. Here's the Firebug screen dump of my custom JS code.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back