Search results

1. A

saving two table rows from one form

Are you using the Upsert form plugin?
  2. A

Upsert plugin

Quick update: the F4 Upsert plugin works fine with new tables, so I am simply replacing the old target table with one that has an identical structure. Not sure what went south with the old one, but delighted to find an easy fix for this project. I tested multiple upserts from the same form...
  3. A

Upsert plugin

Same config = connection to existing table/F list - same field values to be upserted. It's supposed to create a new row in the target table with each submission. The form itself works fine, but the targeted table does not receive new rows. I'll check J! debug - setting error reporting to maximum...
  4. A

Upsert plugin

The F4 upsert plugin is not working on a dev site - same config as the F3 version on the production J3 site. I tested the upsert target table on F4 - everything works. I can use the php form plugin if need be, but can anyone suggest a way to debug/trace the upsert plugin? Is this possibly...
  5. A

Unsupported operand types: string + int

THANK YOU! I just made a modest donation to the project. Warm regards from the frozen North, Alan
  6. A

I am running a calc field with this code: $nextWeek = '{sul4t_newcardsame___currentWeek}' + 1; return $nextWeek; currentWeek field is dbjoin from another table that is a VARCHAR - so I am wondering if that data gets pulled in as a string (even though it's always integers). So maybe change the...
  7. A

Changed back to intval so I could load the form with fabrikdebug. See screenshot - any ideas on tracking down the 2 bad parameters would be greatly appreciated! I am wondering if a join returns a null vaue (missing data or wrong data type) could be the issue,
  8. A

Yup - using intval wrecks the admin view filter options, select lists etc. Checking custom code - so far I cannot find any empty strings...
  9. A

Thank you for the explanation! Now that all makes sense.
  10. A

I am running Fabrik on a J4 site with about 15 lists/forms migrated from J3. The two most complex forms/lists (many related tables, casc dropdowns, db joins etc) were throwing a fatal error (simpler forms are fine): Unsupported operand types: string + int Along with item not found etc. Debugging...
  11. A

Add LIMIT to prefilter/subquery

After further digging, the client and I realize that setting LIMIT on prefilter won't meet requirements.
  12. A

Add LIMIT to prefilter/subquery

Hello: I need to limit filter results to 500 rows - I have tried using the prefilters by adding queries like: Field: plant_id (=PK) Condition: In Value: SELECT `plant_id` FROM `dws_plantsb` WHERE `published` = 1 GROUP BY `common_name` LIMIT 0, 500 So far, this throws a Mysql error: This...
  13. A

LIMIT in Data - Where query for dbjoin element

Adding LIMIT to the end of a WHERE query in the databasejoin element, e.g. WHERE {thistable}.`user_id` = {$my->id} ORDER BY {thistable}.`nextWeek` DESC LIMIT 1 gets rendered in the wrong order (in front of ORDER BY) and throws an error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual...
  14. A

joomla plugin error

I got a form to load in a modal popup without any issues - see screenshot. 3 things to try: 1. Make sure the modals plugin is updated to the latest - Peter changed his company/extension name to Regular Labs a few weeks ago. Over the years, the modal plugin has seen pretty extension revisions, in...
  15. A

Bootstrapping fabrik_subelement

That's actually what I had in mind (last point). In the Fabrik MVC, converting to Bootstrap 3 would mostly involve the view with some impact on controller (theoretically could make things simpler). The more I use Fabrik, the more ways I see how it can be implemented - the underlying concept is...
  16. A

Assuming that there are few (maybe none at all) BS2 selectors hard-wired into the AJAX functionality, it should not be that hard to track them down and swap out for BS3 (recognizing that there are a LOT of files). There will always be some ad hoc challenges and inline styles to remove, but I...
  17. A

Yup. Of course 'row-fluid' becomes just plain ole 'row' in B3. It's worth noting that B3 also changed some layout rules - .row does not have a min-height - in fact the only default rules are negative left/right margins. This does impact the layout of Fabrik element objects, esp label and input...
  18. A

Hugh: Element layouts (with overrides) would be awesome!! I'll keep an eye on github for updates. Thank you! -Alan
  19. A

Hello: I've been having issues with mobile rendering of subelements like checkboxes. In F 3.3.2, the layout is set in the 'alist' function starting at line 782 in components/com_fabrik/helpers/html.php. Lines 788-92: if ($options_per_row > 1) { $percentageWidth =...
  20. A

Use js-based cascading dropdown

That's the downside of AJAXify. On the other hand, it makes for a much better UX. Right now my solution is to disable the county field on the full-throated version of the form. We can add the counties later into a summary list when compiling the data - the end-user just has to enter the city...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back