Search results

1. J

Close Window from element object

el.form.mockSubmit(); allows me to submit the form for the element object 'el'. Is there a way to reference the window where that form lives and close it? Thanks - jarea
  2. J

Missing include files in external PHP script generated from Fabrik

I have been working on calling an external PHP script from a button element and almost have everything working except for this one little quirk. The button calls a function in form_X.js The function in form_X.js calls an external PHP script and passes some parameters via an ajax POST call. The...
  3. J

Button element: submit on joined form

I have a button element that calls a javascript function. The button element is set to Submit so that any changes on the form will be saved. Since this is on the joined portion of the form, the button appears for every row on the form - and that is ok. When I click the button on the first...
  4. J

Rating on Joined Records

I am retesting some of the unresolved problems I had in a corrupted development environment in a new clean install environment to see if the problem still exists. When I add a rating element to a joined table (bottom part of the form), the first rating comes in fine, can be reset and works...
  5. J

Autofill Joined Records

Using my clean install testbed, I wanted to revisit autofill under a joined table form. It does not appear to work and that may be by design. When I try to set up the plugin, I set everything as I would for a single table form but in the "Field to observe" has different values for the fields...
  6. J

Ajax Button

I am trying to get a button with some ajax code to work. Following the "new" ajax tutorial (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/user-ajax/), I have a function storesession placed in the class UserAjax in the file com_fabrik/user_ajax.php that simply generates a simple alert when called...
  7. J

Testing External js file

On this thread (http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-javascript/) we are instructed to place our functions in components/com_fabrik/js/form_XX.js where XX is the id for the form. I have a form id=37 where I added a button where the js code reads: MyFunction(); Note: this button...
  8. J

Autofill Confusion

I am trying to understand the autofill plugin and am part of the way there but still not getting a result. I have a list: Metro Area Setup with three elements (beyond the default elements): Metro Area Name, Metro Area State & Metro Area Short Code. All three are field element types I have a...
  9. J

Bug report: Join Repeatable Button - noncritical

When creating a new List and creating a join for the list, selecting the Repeatable button will not stay selected on first save. Will stay selected on subsequent saves.
  10. J

Suppress Dropdown Element in Form

For most elements, if I want to suppress display of the element in the form (not list), I simply select Hidden - Yes. I don't see where I can do this for a dropdown element (other than limiting access to the element - which is not my preferred approach). Am I missing a setting? Thanks - jarea
  11. J

Fabrik Site Not Responding Properly

At Fabrikar.com, when I try to go to contact us, go to my Subscriptions page, go to my profile page, go to Subscribe page ... it only redirects to the home page.
  12. J

Glitch with F3.4 Default Element Type

UPDATE: This appears to be a wild goose chase based on a corrupt system. You can safely ignore this thread. - jarea I notice now when I create a new List that there is a new screen asking for Select Content Type which is pretty much non-functional at this point as the dropdown box offers only...
  13. J

Groups of Joined Records

I think I have to do this in PHP, but I just want to check first and see if there is a way to accomplish this in Fabrik. Say I have some metro areas and the metro areas can be arranged into groups. Central Texas - Waco - Austin - San Antonio - San Marcos North Texas - Waco - Dallas - Ft...
  14. J

Rating Element Stuck

I have two lists joined together. One list provides the performer name the other list provides an instrument, proficiency rating and comment. So my input form has the performer name on the top and at the bottom has a repeating group for the instrument data. When I put in the first instrument...
  15. J

Fabrik Access User Groups

When I go to any of the access screens in Fabrik and click on the access level setting pulldowns, it only shows a few of the access levels that are defined in J!. Is there some other place that I set the access levels for Fabrik? For example - My J! access levels include Public - Registered...
  16. J

Issue with Join Merged Rows

I have a small issue with list displays when I have joined data and have merged the rows. In the first illustration the rows are shown unmerged and the suite number is associated with the Downtown location. In the second illustration, the rows have been merged and the suite number is now...
  17. J

Problem with F3.4 Update

Just a heads up, I am trying to do an automatic update of the new Fabrik 3.4 items and am encountering problems. For example: And when I hit the manual download link I get: This is not a problem for me as I just went to the downloads page and downloaded the items that I needed and updated...
  18. J

Custom Register Form: Block

I have two custom registration forms, one for each of two classes of users. On each form, I have an element "Block" which is matched to the J! block element in the JUser plugin. The default on both of these elements is set to 0 (that is a zero that comes out looking like a lower case o in this...
  19. J

Error: could not alter user group 18

This is maybe more of a J! question than Fabrik, but I am working with Fabrik's juser module where I am getting the error so maybe you can give me a lead. I have a group "Fan" set up with ID of 18 and Fan's parent is Public.. On my Fabrik custom user login form, I have set the Group element...
  20. J

User Table databasejoin

I am trying to pull the user name from my joomla user table using the database join element. It looks like I have it set up properly, but I am getting the following message: The SQL statement presented in the error message looks good to me - unless the single quotes around id are messing it...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back