A Question: Are there alternative bootstrap templates to use with FB other than protostar?

I am using FB 3.1 and Joomla 3.2.0.

I am presently using the protostar template, but I am trying to look for more interesting alternatives.

I searched the posts for other templates and how they are being used, but there is not much other remarks about Purity III - and how it does not work very well with FB.

Please advise me if you have found a template that works well with FB. The other standard template in J! (i.e. Beez3) simply is not usable with FB, as the buttons do not render.

Any advice on alternative templates will be really appreciated!

Alastair

In principle, any template using Bootstrap 2 should work.
Unfortunately, many of the new ones are using Bootstrap 3.
As an alternative, you can make your own template, it's not that hard.

I am trying to avoid that if at all possible - having reckoned that there are others who are much more expert at that kind of thing.
Your suggestion brings to mind the story of the farmer, who went to the barn to fetch the chickens eggs, but on the way he saw a tap was dripping .. You get what I mean. I am heavily focussed on a building a process driven website, but the customer says the look and feel is boring. I agree with him - but what to do?

I have searched the web, but all the bootstrap templates on offer seem to be for Bootstrap 3. But FB likes Bootstrap 2.

So - what to do.

From experience you will always find some form of quirk on every template or templating framework.

For instance, I use T3 a lot and whilst layouts tend to work for Fabrik using their Blank Bootstrap 2 version, weird things happen with Fabrik popup windows. This is usally due to a conflict between Fabrik's resizing and the templates.

Meet Gavern - http://www.gavick.com/joomla-templates/meet-gavern,93.html

This tends to work quite well and has good forum support and use Github. It is a framework but it's quite configurable.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back