Can't access old lists after upgrade to j3.3.6

cmendla

I have a site I was trying to upgrade from Joomla 2.5.28 to J 3.3.6. I had updated Fabrik to 3.2

Every time I tried to update Joomla, the site crashed (I have had successful updates with other sites)

I decided to put a copy of the site in a folder called j3g. The site is starting to come together. However, I am having a problem with trying to get my old fabrik lists to work.

Here is what I did
  • Did a fresh install of Joomla 3.3.6 to a j3g folder
  • Changed the prefix of the j 3 site to point to my existing database/tables. That populated the site with the previous data.
  • I re-enabled fabrik and all plugins.
  • Checked that the fabrik connector was working.
  • I DID NOT clear the fabrik sessions table.
  • I ran "Optimize Tables" from admin tools
Here is where I am
  • If I click on the name of an existing list item (from the original site) I get a blank screen. The same thing happens with "view Data"
  • However, If I click on add under form, edit under element of view data, I get a normal screen.
  • If I create a new list and form and link to that, it works.
  • In the form tab, I can click on the form. My form layouts are all set to default.
Summary - Forms are not working and it seems to be linked to the fact that I can't open the properties of existing list items..

Note - I am using artisteer which is not a bootstrap template. However, they provide a way to link to the bootstrap code.

Question - Is it safe to delete the contents of the fabrik sessions table?? I'm wondering if that might help.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. The sandbox site is at http://www.bcsbc.edu/j3g/ Things are a bit rough yet and I'm working on it as I go along. If you click on any of the three buttons at the bottom: Tour, Apply or brochure, you should see what I mean.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

thanks

chris

This is how to upgrade
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrading-from-3-0-to-3-1/
First thing on crashing sites and white screens is to set Joomla error reporting to maximum.
  • Did a fresh install of Joomla 3.3.6 to a j3g folder
  • Changed the prefix of the j 3 site to point to my existing database/tables. That populated the site with the previous data.
  • I re-enabled fabrik and all plugins.
  • Checked that the fabrik connector was working.
  • I DID NOT clear the fabrik sessions table.
  • I ran "Optimize Tables" from admin tools
Not sure what you doing here. You can't point a Joomla3 installation to a Jooml2.5 database.

Troester - The original problem was that some extension was causing problems with the joomla update.

I did manage to point the j3 to the J2.5 database but running the 'database fix' in the extensions manager. That seemed to work overall. I'm still digging in.

I'm working on a way to export the old fabrik data tables tables and then importing them. I THINK that should save me the trouble of re-creating all of the elements. I'll post back here with the results of that. The import process asks you to specify the field types.

Thanks

Chris

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back