Can't change db connection details after j 3.3.1 upgrade

ijon

I've upgraded to j 3.3.1 and after that moved my site from localhost to production server. As usual I wanted to change fabrik db connection details. I changed it (there were no error message) but after that I've noticed that fabrik is unable to connect to db. I checked db fabrik_connections table and as far as I can see the password is not changing at all after trying to change it in fabrik administration (joomla). You can manually change it in db, but it is encrypted there and I do not know how to fill it correctly....

Are you running a recent Fabrik GitHub version?
With J! 3.3 you must update.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I can confirm this issue. As a workaround, I entered my unencrypted password manually into the database and changed the params to {"encryptedPw":true}. Note in my case I was copying my live site to a development area so this is probably not a good workaround for a production server.

I don't think this is a good idea, this would create a new connection with a new connection id, existing tables would lose their connection.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Yes and no.

It's true to say you will have to manually change the new connection ID via phpmyadmin, probably from 2 to 1. I should have mentioned that though, the purpose of the suggestion is to establish if it's a problem creating new connections as well or if it's just modifying existing ones.

Somewhere in the back of my brain I think we may have had this issue before but I cannot recall if it was code or a server problem.

I will try and test this later seeing as two people have confirmed it.

I know Joomla has changed user password storage in 2.5.21 silently, modifying it by the first new login, it was breaking our external app access.
Maybe it's similar here or Fabrik is using the Joomla user password handling which won't fit for DB password.
I'm not on my PC (holydays:-D)

gesendet mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back