Can't delete a list

silexmulti

I do get a lot of errors in Fabrik, each time a mySQL file is modifier directly, for example, via phpMySQL

Sometimes, I would just like to resynch my Fabrik list with my mySQL table, but I?m not sure how I can do this.

Also, when trying to delete a list, either because I don?t need it anymore, or to clear it from my system, so I can add it again, I keep on geeting such errors Table 'festi538_extra.fbv3_fabrik_formgroup' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT group_id FROM fbv3_fabrik_formgroup WHERE form_id IN (15)

And it seems there?s no way I can get rid of thoses stubborn list. Any idea how I can do this ?

Then stop modifying via phpMySQL.:p
In nutshell, fabrik can control the structure of your tables - but changes made to the structure of your tables outside fabrik element configuration are not going to be recognized by fabrik and will cause these kind of errors. Adding a new field via phpMySQL would not be an issue - so long as you don't expect/need fabrik to use (display/edit) that field in a fabrik list or form.

If you are going to create/use a fabrik list, you should make any changes to the table's structure via fabrik. Removing or changing the type of an existing field via phpMySQL which is also an element in a fabrik list will cause an error. There is no cross-checking or synch utility.

If something else changes the structure of any element in a fabrik list, then you will need to take note of the changed field structure and edit/save the element via the fabrik elements configuration form to match the change.

If something else adds a new field to an existing fabrik list...
  1. Via phpMySQL, take note of that new field name/type/structure
  2. Via phpMySQL, rename that field
  3. Re-add that field via the fabrik element configuration form (using the original new field name as the 'alias'), and using the appropriate element plugin to match the noted new field type/structure.
  4. Go back into phpMyAdmin and issue an UPDATE on the table (to replace any data from the renamed field into the new field/element you just added via fabrik). E.g. UPDATE fdzu4_reports SET new_field=renamed_field
  5. Then you can just delete that re-named field from the table structure and you should be good to go.
And yes, I agree this is frustrating - and there should be some sort of synch utility that cross-checks the existing table structure against the elements in the fabrik group that was created for that list/table - so that if a table is altered outside fabrik, fabrik would just automatically (prompt to) change or add them to the fabrik elements table.

But so long as you know how to properly handle it, it's really not that big a deal I guess, for as infrequent as it might happen.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back