CascadingDropDown plugin...

mdube56

Hi!

I just tried to create a cascadingdropdown element and for a chosen database connection, I don't get all the DB's tables in the associated drop down menu.

I can only select the form's table I'm working on.

I am using the last download from GitHub -> 563914d

Thanks !

whilst its not consistent i'm not sure its something we can easily fix, as its in 2.1 as well and altering it could make upgrading from 2.1 complicated.
If anything we would have to make the db join element select from exisiting fabrik lists, rather than changing the cascadingdropdown to look directly at the database tables.
This is because using the fabrik lists as the source enables you to select elements from db tables joined in the fabrik list.

Thanks Rob,

It would surely be interesting but as a newbie to Fabrik, and working with it seriously since only 1 week, I found so many new tricks and applications knowing I still have a lot to learn/discover.

I wanted to create a cascading dropdown based on a GeoLocation DB (Countries/Regions/Towns/Longitudes/Lattitudes/IPs/etc.).

It could be fine to create a complete plugin that connects to a GeoLocation DB (GeoWorldMap may be), so when I'm ready, I'll ask you to evaluate the time it could take to get this done.

Thanks again.

Hi

you should still be able to make a fabrik list from the existing database table, just ensure that you're list has ' Alter existing field types ' option set to 'no' to stop fabrik altering the column properties.

Then you can use the database table in your cascading dropdown.

Of note also is that the google maps element provides geolocation options, Hugh's been working on reverse geocoding as well, not sure if thats in 3.0 though.

-Rob

Thanks again Rob!

I did what you said and it works like a charm now... a triple cascading dropdown (Country/Region/Towns) made out of the box like.

Fabrik is so powerful! I had the feeling it was but now I'm convinced. Each hour concentrated on it will make me save days and days.

I'll have a look on the Google Maps, probably by following the tutorials first (element and visualization.

:)

Michel

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Hi,
I am getting empty fields on the cascading drop down and I change the Alter existing field types ' option set to 'no'
find attach

Please help

Joomla! 2.5.9

Attachments

• 08 Nov. 19 21.54.jpg
    08 Nov. 19 21.54.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 485
  • 09 Nov. 19 21.59.jpg
    09 Nov. 19 21.59.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 525
Back