couple issues with Protostar template

Hoggarth

Hi - (latest Joomla 3.1 and very recent github of Fabrik) - couple of issues with 3.1 on bootstrap template (specifically Protostar). If you put a repeating group in multiple columns, the formatting goes whacky. Also there seems to be a bug (feature?) if a repeating group has no items in it and you edit, one shows up even if the group has a minimum of zero.

Whacky? An animated GIF of a hammer hitting a Fabrik element? ;-)

More seriously, can you:

1. Explain more clearly what you mean by whacky?

2. Maybe provide a URL where we can see what the page looks like and examine the HTML that is producing it?

S

'Whacky' wasn't very descriptive was it :)

If I have elements in 3 columns the first column positions correctly. The second and third element are dropped down, and hitting the 'minus' button to remove the record from the repeating group leaves the second and third element still displayed.

And I will give latest github a go.

Use "table" layout instead.
Also there seems to be a bug (feature?) if a repeating group has no items in it and you edit, one shows up even if the group has a minimum of zero.
In details view as well. When no data then element labels are still shown.
Of course if this is not occasionally fixed already.

I guess we should wait and see whether the latest GitHub fixes it. If not, perhaps Hoggarth can give us a link where we can see the issue and look at the HTML. :)

S

When I remove "frontend add" button from the dbjoin element in this repeat group then, when opening a new form the repeat group is really empty (hidden).

But it still shows the fields when editing an existing data and saves empty rows in joined table - so every time I have to remove the group when I don't want to add data there.

Perhaps I should tell the form.js to hide the empty subgroups if no joined data or (new form and repeat min set to 0) but where and how - no idea.

Not only repeat groups, even the sort by options used to appear as a dropdown, but in the protostar template the options are stacked (appear one per row). The navigation buttons at the bottom of the table also are displayed stacked. I prefer the appearance of the older fabrik NOT the beta version. The visualisation (chart) may have an issue with a clean joomla installation and fabrik 3.1b installation at least on my pc.

now it should be solved. you just have to set min-repeat in group admin to 0, then the group is initially hidden when no data

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back