display repeating group in custom template

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
[NOTE: I originally posted this in the Community form, but didn't get any response there - and couldn't find a way to change the forum category so I'm re-posting here.]

I'm trying to create a custom Fabrik Details template, based on the great tutorial by rob (http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials/details/3/30) - which means I've basically gutted the original template code.

I've tried to go to the standard template files to understand how to insert just the repeating group, but I'm always getting all of the data from the list/form, not just the repeating group.

I've searched the forum and all the tutorials and WIKI and can't find how to do this. Is there some documentation (or the 'next' video in that process from Rob) that would explain how to do this?

Here's a general idea of what I'm trying to do...

Group A (a 'location' entry)
Group B (a list of files that are associated with Group A / a location) - repeating

In the custom template I'm using Rob's technique

PHP:
$Location= $this->groups['myLOCATION'];
$LocationElements = $Location->elements;

$title = $LocationElement['title']->element;

to create the main part of the template.

But I can't figure out how to be able to insert a list of the associated files, that are stored in the files table/list which are an associated list using a repeating group.

All the data (admin-side) is working properly, I just can't figure out how to specifically output JUST that Group B data in a certain place (i.e within a div).

Note: If I just use the code from the bootstrap template ...

PHP:
<?php
                    foreach ($this->groups as $group) :
                        $this->group = $group;
                        ?>
                            <div class="<?php echo $group->class; ?>" id="group<?php echo $group->id;?>" style="<?php echo $group->css;?>">
                                <?php
                                // Load the group template - this can be :
                                //  * default_group.php - standard group non-repeating rendered as an unordered list
                                //  * default_repeatgroup.php - repeat group rendered as an unordered list
                                //  * default_repeatgroup_table.php - repeat group rendered in a table.
                                $this->elements = $group->elements;
                                echo $this->loadTemplate($group->tmpl);
                                if (!empty($group->outro)) : ?>
                                    <div class="groupoutro"><?php echo $group->outro ?></div>
                                <?php
                                endif;
                                ?>
                            </div>
                        <?php
                    endforeach;
                    ?>

It not only displays the 'files', but also all the original data (title, etc.).

NOTE (again) - I'm not looking for anyone to code this for me (esp. in the community area), I'm just trying to see if there is ANY documentation on how this should be coded, so I can understand better IF this is possible and if so, how to learn and understand how it should work.

Thanks

I know it's the holidays, but just wondering if ANYone can give me ANY clue how to do this (or where to look for instructions).
I really need to get this resolved before the end of the year so I can make this functional for the start of the new year.
Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back