duplicate a form, list and element

Copy the list.
This will give you a new "set" of list/form/group/elements working on the same underlying database table.
The elements are linked to their parent elements. If you want to unlink edit, check the "Click to unlink and edit this element" box and save.

after copy list ....the new element copy are link with the source list or the copy list ? same for the form is link with what ? source or copy list ?
and you confirm that element copy are completely independant between them

When you copy a list, in the database a new list, form, groups and elements will be created.
The elements are set to a 'linked' state (you can see that by the icon in the element's list view)
This means that by default they use the parent element's properties. So editing the options for the original element will also affect the copied element.

If you try to edit the copied element, rather than seeing the usual edit form, you will see a notice telling you the element is linked.
If you want to unlink it, you can click on the checkbox in this notice to make the form appear. Once saved the element is no longer linked.

hello thinks for your help. I want anderstand :as l want and as you have asked me l duplicate the list "Plateforme adh?rents" in "Plateforme adh?rents asso" (and the form and group also with the same : 'Plateforme adh?rents asso') but how you can see in down : the copy list (Plateforme adh?rents asso) use the same table in the database ....is not a problem that two form and list use the same table in database ? there are no risk to erreur duplicate)
ps : to unlink the element copy compared the source : l must do it one by one element after editing ?

48 Plateforme adh?rents plateforme_adherents2 Add Edit View data View details
64 Plateforme adh?rents asso plateforme_adherents2 Add Edit View data View details

use the same table in the database
that's exactly what the copy is for as I've said in post #2
This will give you a new "set" of list/form/group/elements working on the same underlying database table.

You may think of a list as a view to a database table. You can set different access settings, joins, templates, show different elements in list or form view...
but all fetching the same underlying data.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back