Element button for Email onclick, Timer countdown calculation

groundpro

Hello everyone, Let me say thank you in advance for your help (table name fab_articlelist).

1. I would like to know how to create a submit button that onclick it will send an email to an address of my choice.

2. A timer feature that will count down from the time the user open up the record to edit. This doesn't have to countdown for the user to see live in seconds, they should already know the time however if possible we can show the remanding time statically if possible on each save . So lets say that I have an element called article_due_date with the plugin time, it should countdown from 24:00:00 (24 hours).

Here are the conditions;

a. If the submit button in #1 is clicked, then the time will stop.
b. If the timer reaches 00:00:00 then it should clear the author element field of the users ID. Also the field article_due_date should go back to its original time of 24:00:00 (24 hours).

Timer Countdown Suggestion

1. For this there are many ways I think it can be done, we could have another field called "article_status" which would take the same time as of article_due_date of its its original time of 24:00:00 (24 hours) and do the count down so that the original field article_due_date is not touched. If that is easier.

Any suggestion is welcome just be specific I'm really slow sometimes :).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back