Error file upload

Bober

Hi,

I added a file upload via ajax, but unfortunately when I open the browser I only see a big "Close" Button and the message "Opps. Still on dinosaur technology? Time to update".

Whats the problem ther?

Thanks,

Bober

Possible reasons
- really "dinosaur technology" like IE6 etc
- JS error

Did you try with different browsers?
Which Joomla template are you running, did you try standard Protostar?
Any 3rd party extensions with JS compression etc?

All my browsers are uptodate.

Its only happening in Firefox....in IE and Chrome its working well.

Any ideas why?

I am using a template called sj_plus with the YT Framework. (http://www.smartaddons.com/)

Edit:

It seems there is sometimes also a problem in Chrome / IE, but not all the time...

mhm after changing the template back to the standard its all working fine...

So how can I find out whats causing the troubles with my template?

I too am having this issue. When setting file upload to use Ajax setting, it reverts to the "dinosaur" message even though browsers and OS are up to date.
Are there any fixes for this? When i toggle OFF ajax the simple upload works ok.

"Opps. Still on dinosaur technology? Time to update"

I'm experiencing this same issue on a new install. joomla! 3.2.3 - fabric 3.1 Mac OS, safari, chrome & firefox - both with my custom template and with prostar? no js compression?

Is there is solution? or known cause of problem?

Same problem for me, just updated from GIT and this problem persists, no matter what browser I use.

I can't replicate (not Fabrik3.0 nor 3.1 whith latest GitHubs).
You are posting in 3.0 and 3.1 forum.

Which exact Joomla version, Fabrik version, element settings (Run times), System informations (php versions), Joomla template, any 3rd party components/plugins/templates loading own JS stuff...

Any JS errors?

Hi, I did a search for this problem and saw that it existed in both versions hence the double posting.

Joomla 3.3.3
Lates Fabrik 3.1 with GIT update 15th July 2014
Latest PHP 5.4.4-14+deb7u12
Standard Prostar Template
Standard security 3rd party compoments, eg: Akeeba

Standard File upload element, with AJAX set. Nothing changed from default settings.

Problems exists on ALL browsers.

This problem happened to me about a year ago and was not resolved while on ProfessionalSubs, so I resorted to using standard uploads.

Paul

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 159
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back