Fabrik list from SQL Query

jo-ka

Hello, I hope you're doing well. I thing I've previously asked something like this, but, anyway...

I need to display a list on my J!3 and F!3 from an SQL query. Basically, I need to collect some data from multiple tables and display it dynamically to the users, so I can't have a traditional Fabrik list.

Is there a way to accomplish this? If not, do you know any good J! module to do this?

I know I can use something as Sourcerer plugin and develop something with PHP code, but I was looking for something "out of the box ".

Any ideas?

If I understood well do you want to create a MySQL view with joins to different db tables and present it like a normal Fabrik list?
I personally use Sourcerer plugin and works great everywhere in my websites even if it's module, article of Fabrik intro when I want to display customised data.

Or you can create a MySQL view directly in your DB with your query (make it with a column id/INT that can be used as a (fake) primary key by Fabrik) and then create a Fabrik list linking to this view.
As it's readonly make sure to set list access (add/edit to nobody etc).

This way you can not only display dynamic data (as via soucerer) but use Fabrik's filters, pagination, view access settings etc.
As always: It depends on what you need.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back