Fileupload element not showing upload progress or file status correctly

rtrauer

I?m rebuilding our website from J.2.5 and Fabrik 3.0.9+ to
Joomla 3.4.4 and Fabrik 3.3.3 + lasted Github

In the old version, the fileupload element is working fine, as long as I set a limit of at least 2 files.
In the new version, there seem to be many issues related to templates, that are not fine yet.
I noticed the following problems while editing a form where the fileupload element is displayed:
1) after selecting a file and pressing the start sending button, nothing happend, but after saving and exiting the form, and looking with filezila, the file was stored at the server.
2) I played with several config options, to see if there was something related to it, but couldn?t find anything obvious that is blocking ajax feedback of fileupload status.
3) I also noticed that the status of the file after the form is loaded is not shown, but the download link works.
4) Obfuscate Filename is a nice feature if it works. In this new version the filename end up completly scrambled and the file extension is replaced or lost.

thanks for the time to have a look on those issues.

Regards,
Ricardo

Are you rebuilding (=starting with a new Joomla/Fabrik) or upgrading the existing site?

Fabrik3.1+ with Joomla3+ needs a Joomla Bootstrap template (BS2, like Protostar coming with Joomla).

Fabrik3.1+ with Joomla3+ needs a Joomla Bootstrap template (BS2, like Protostar coming with Joomla).
BS2 is a little short. You mean Fabrik needs a Bootstrap2! template. Bootstrap3 Templates are not compatible to Fabrik, although Bootstrap4 is upcoming and many Templates use Bootstrap3. I am hoping that Joomla upgrades their standard templates so that Fabrik updates its code. too.

I am rebuilding and importing as many as possible from the old site.
For importing fabrik tables I had to use a third site, where I could upgrade some components amd modules, and from that I imported the databases tables from fabrik like: elements, formgroups, forms, groups, joins, js_actions, lists, ratings and validations.
On the new site, I must enter all elements, groups, forms and lists, and check that everything was well imported.

The template I?m using is At_Health from AGE Themes that comes with Helix3 Framework from Joomshaper
Helix3 http://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix3/docs
No clue if that is generating errors. The framework is very handy and comes with a nice module position configurer.
I tested the plain template from joomla and found different behavior, but with problems as well.

I?m stuck. Don?t know if I have to look for another template.
I thought that fabrik would be less dependent from joomla templates.

I installed Protostar back to the new site, and results are not good as well.
Pagination is not working properly.

Fabrik is using Joomla's bootstrap and this is BS2...

Going from J!2.5/Fabrik3.0.x to J!3/Fabrik3.1+ is a migration, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-fabrik3-0-9-to-fabrik3-1-j-3-4/

Especially you need a compatible Joomla template AND you can't use your old Fabrik list/form layouts.
You must use the new ones (or create custom templates starting with these):
...list/bootstrap or ...list/div
...form/bootrap or bootstrap_tabs
...details/bootstrap or bootstrap_tabs

BTW: as a "standard" member better post is the standard forum

Yes, I?m using a new installation, with new templates, and completely abandoned the old ones.
I?m only importing data directly into de DB, so that files are all new versions.
I studied around techniques for upgrading, but since there was so much old stuff in the old site, I decided to leave that and start a new one.

For pagination issues, I could work around that using form/bootstrap_tabs with little customization to work great with pagination and multi-page forms.

But for the file upload element, I?m still struggling to get a decent output.

Joomla is based off Boostrap2.
<rant>There are multiple issues when 3rd party template clubs start to use bootstrap3 with various different font libraries etc.
The whole point of using bootstrap 2 was to standardize layouts across templates and extensions, so that everyone could play along nicely together. </rant>

That being said, the reality is that a lot of 3rd party templates are using bootstrap3, and we need to adapt to this.

To that effect, we have a new project https://github.com/Fabrik/bootstrap3-jlayouts whose aim is to supply a series of Fabrik JLayout overrides for bootstrap 3.
its only just been created and there are probably things that have been missed or that could be improved.

I just checked the fileupload element. The main issue with it is that a lot of the markup is being generated inside the javascript code.
To get round that I've implemented in this commit https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/8e8c1d5c56083d8240c7739c9334868c356d5b8d the possiblity to add rendered jLayouts into our global Fabrik javascript object. This enables our js code to access those layouts. I've then updated the fileupload js code to use those layouts rather than render the markup programmatically.

So I suggest you update from github and also install the bootstrap3-jlayouts project inside your template html layouts folder and see if things work for you.

btw I couldn't replicate the issue with the random file name option, for me the extension is left on.

Great !
It is working a lot better now.
I tryed to use the purity-iii but will need to make a long customization, so I gived up.
Then I tryed with at_health template, and I also copied the extra files to
templates/at_health/html/layouts/com_fabrik
And now this is giving the progression bar right.
But for long filenames, there is more adjustments necessary.

I also had to customize the language file pt-BR.plg_fabrik_element_fileupload.ini
What is the best way to contribute with translations ?

Chears

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back