Form taht searches all data

Please define "all data".
You may enable "search all" in list settings, use fabrik's Joomla search plugin or create a speical search from.

I need to insert a module in homepage with a single element that enable users to search all data in list.
The list isn't in homepage.

I've created a search form but it searches only in one element of list, because element is named exactly same as the element that I wishing to search in list.

I've tried to install Fabrik's search plugin but I can't install it. The installing process shows a generic message error.
Fabrik version is 3.0.7 (updated from github) but plugin version is 3.0.6.3. Is this the problem?

friendly bump

I need help...

My module in homepage - with a single field element - enables users to search data only in the column of list that is named same as the form filed.

I want enable users to search, from frontend, in all of columns of list.

I created my form with redirect plugin that points to url of list and I've enabled "use as search data"...

Disable "use as search data", in jump URL put
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=X&Itemid=120&fabrik_list_filter_all_X_com_fabrik_X=abc&resetfilters=1

Replace X with your list id

Hi troester,
thanks but it don't work :(

List | setting:
- advanced search: no
- search all: yes
- advanced search all: no

Elements of list | settings (tab 'list view settings'):
- Filtertype: none
- extact match: no
- include in search all: yes

Element of form for search in frontend | settings:
- element name: the same of 1 of column list
- plugin: field

Form for search | settings (pulgin tab):
- redirect
- jump page ' index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&Itemid=120&fabrik_list_filter_all_2_com_fabrik_2=abc&resetfilters=1 '
- Append jump url with data: no
- Use as search data: no

Maybe my mistake is in these settings?

But, if I insert an {element_name} it searches in all columns or into column that are named same as the {element_name}?

Fastserv is right, I only concentrated on the Fabrik3 "search-all" syntax.

You have to use
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&fabrik_list_filter_all_2_com_fabrik_2={xxxx}& resetfilters=1
where xxxx is the full element name of the element in your search form, e.g.
my-table___myelement (if your form is recording to database) or
___myelement (if not recording to database)

{xxxx} will be replaced with the content of your search element (e.g. abc)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back