getData:Could not connect to MySQL - after akeeba clone

rw1

hello,

i followed the steps here to perform a backup of a live site and extract it to a new location (a subdomain on the same site) for use as a sandbox.

the site's frontend is working but when i go to forms > select a form > view data, i get:

getData:Could not connect to MySQL.

configuration.php lists all the information correctly, ie:
Code:
public $dbtype = 'mysqli';
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'username_new';
public $password = 'password';
public $db = 'username_newdb';
public $dbprefix = 'sameprefix_';
public $live_site = '';
public $secret = 'different';
on another form, clicking on 'view data', i get the error:
Code:
Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/***/public_html/sandboxsite/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 157

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/***/public_html/sandboxsite/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 157

getData:Could not connect to MySQL.

would anyone know what these errors could be indicating and how they could be fixed?

thanks!

edit: oh and i have tried opening and saving database connection in fabrik > connections.

edit 2: hmm, i went into connections again and manually added the new password, now most of the forms are showing the data in forms > view data, but one is showing:
Code:
DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (<a class="fabrik___rowlink fabrik_edit" href="/sandboxsite/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&amp;task=form.view&amp;formid=4&amp;rowid=18">2012-02-21</a>) at position 0 (<): Unexpected character

edit 3: ok so this isn't ideal, but i deleted the records associated with the form in phpMyAdmin and then i could access the forms > view data area. so it seems there was something that it was having a hard time processing that was in the form data or elements themselves.

edit 4: and if i am reading that last code correctly ie formid=4 and rowid=18 (does that mean the form with id of 4 and element with id of 18?), then it was a element of type 'field'. so i don't know what could have been different about that element.

I can confirm this behavior, and I've initially thought it was an Akeeba/Kichstart bug.
The installed-version of Community Builder works fine and the test user, registred when the site was on localhost, is correctly recognized. This suggests that it was a (maybe) Fabrik BUG (getdata is a Fabrik function?), and I'll try with other test.

does that mean the form with id of 4 and element with id of 18?
no, it means form with id 4 and record with id 18

I assume the element is a date element and it's trying to parse something like a "link to details" instead of the element's raw data.
Do you have a custom link or a prefilter in this form/list?

I have done this a few times and did not have any problems, so I assumes there is something particular to your site/form.
Have resetted your Fabrik connection (always the first thing to do when you move a site) ?
Did you clear your Joomla! cache ?
If you use a third party extension to rewrite the URL, you should clear the existing ones and rebuild them.
In the Joomla global configuration, you should set the URL of the public site (it's empty in the code you posted).
If you have set custom links in your forms/templates/plugins, are they relative links (if they are absolute, they need to be updated manually)?

Dear Friends,
thank you for your cooperation. The problem has been fixed.
It was in Fabrik Connection, which hadn't been updated by Akeeba/Kickstart backup. You should manually update the fields HOST, USER, DATABASE AND PASSWORD.
Best regards,

Roberto

Dear Friends,
thank you for your cooperation. The problem has been fixed.
It was in Fabrik Connection, which hadn't been updated by Akeeba/Kickstart backup. You should manually update the fields HOST, USER, DATABASE AND PASSWORD.
Best regards,

Roberto

Hi I am having a similar issue, I already refresh and re test the new connection, clear cache joomla and browser and i still keep getting error 500, from all the list that i have the only one that i have access is one that i am using with user table, I dont have access with the ones that have a new table created by fabrik doesnt

I experienced the same issue. I guess in the past, I've always used the same dbase name, user name and password for the cloned site and so I could generally at least login to the front-end without this error until I tried a Fabrik function. At that point, I usually received the error showing a query to the screen where it complains about a column missing. Then I remember to go reset the Fabrik connection and all is well. But in this case, as soon as I login to the frontend, I get the error shown by the poster above. But, the solution for me was to do the Fabrik connection reset (which I should have know). Kudos to the poster for the helpful description, use of good keywords and especially the cronolog of events and solutions. I give this post two thumbs way up!

Also note that once you have the error, I find it is very important to clear the site's cookies from the browser. Do this in firefox by going to 'Firefox > Options > Remove Individual Cookies' then choosing the entry for the site and clicking remove. For good measure, shut down the browser and restart it just to be sure you haven't left any tabs with any cache and then things should go much more smoothly (in my experience).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back