Getting Started with Fabrik...

JayGreco

Hi -

My primary project is a very simple HR website for a social service coop in Sicily. The Joomla site is up and uses J 3.1 with latest rockettheme metropolis template (tho, I may switch to hexeris). I am now adding a system for admins, managers, and employees (abt 2k people in total) with:

Places: placename; address; goooglemap; description of services (e.g. elderly, at-risk kids, domestic violence)

People: name; emailaaddy; location; position; specializations (e.g. nurse)

Monthly paysheet: name; month; pdf-doc-with-the-info-frm-acctg; auth-by-empl, auth-by-mgr.

Absences: name; missed dates; auth-by-mgr; optional-pdf-doc; optional-text-comment.

Actually, got a chunk of this done already. And, no major questions so far.

I am also playing around with a language teaching system using the onepage template from Joomlart, and a legal education / document site using kirigami from rockettheme.

For both sites I am using the latest Fabrik beta. Hosting is on Rochen.

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated !

Best regards,

- Jay

Hi Jay
Sounds good so far! If you are using the 3.1b then its best to keep up to date with the joomla3 branch in github as things have moved on somewhat from the beta release.
Otherwise, let me know if you have any specific questions :)

-Rob

So far the system is working well for me. And, I have produced several good tests already.

My timeframe is: demo in July, finalize and populate with data in August, and, hopefully, go live in September.

Thanks for the great software !

- Jay

You'll find, as we all have, that Fabrik is great for simple apps, and even better than great as the simple ones inevitably grow into complex apps.

The new responsive design features that rob has put in v3.1.1 are simply astonishing.

I've been developing on it for a few years now and have a large mission-critical application on it for my vacation rental business. The software and rob and hugh's and the communities support are both a dependable platform for real-life business apps.

I just started on the 3.1.1 beta and recommend it.

I've also had really good luck with the newest yootheme.com template 'nano' as far as being able to use the size/responsive features of j! and fabrik 3.1.1.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back