How to get value from database into element

Erik-74

Hi everyone, I could really need some help solving this...

In a very simple table I have two columns. In the first you'll find the city name, in the second you'll find the country the city belongs to. In a form the user can select a city via dropdown, which works fine. The dropdown retrieves its options from column one in the table.

Now I need the element "country" to auto fill, depending on the selected value in "city". E.g.: when user selects "Amsterdam", country will be "Netherlands". If user selects "Berlin", country is automatically changed into "Germany".

In my head it all sound easy. When the value in column A from row 34 is selected, then the value from column B in the same row should be presented. Can't seem to find the right function or plugin though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Troester. Read the description and hat must be it!
Is this a standard option in Fabrik, or do I need to install this plugin myself. Can't find it anywhere. (Yes, all is up to date ;-))

Never mind, Troester...
Found it, installed it, got it working.
Thank for pointing me in the right direction!

Have a look at the cascading dropdown element.

Been trying, tweaking and @#$!* most of the day. Can't seem to get it to do what I need. The options in the "Watch" tab are fine; no issues there. The "Data" tab is where I can't seem to point Fabrik to the right table.

The table with the data used isn't part of any list. It's a simple two column table. 1st column = city, 2nd column is country.
The selection is made by the user from a dropdown which is a "databasejoin" pointing to the first column (city). Now a second field should find the matching country from the same table and auto fill.

Since there isn't any option to point to the correct table (as in databasejoin) I presume the solution might be in a custom build query. Could I be right? And, if so, anyone any ideas on how to write such a query?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back