Import an exported form

zoummuoz

Hi everybody.

Next to some pbs, i reinstalled fabrik on my joomla. Before that, i backuped all my forms with the 'export' context menu in the in the 'content type' field of the forms interface.

How to import then now ? In the generated files, i can read the structure of my old forms in xml ...

The export is exporting the form structure, it's no backup of your existing Fabrik installation.

But doing a new install won't delete any Fabrik data (as long as you didn't uninstall before).

To use the "content types" the xml files must be located in administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\content_types
(where they are created).
Then when you are creating a new list you are asked which content type you want to use and it's creating the groups, elements etc. automatically.

But I'm not sure that this is what you want in your situation.

Did you uninstall Fabrik? If no, all should be still there.
If yes:
Do you have still your old data tables?
Or better: do you have a backup of your site?

Thank Troester,

I understand more about the structure of Fabrik.

I uninstalled Fabrik from the 'Extension' menu.
I deleted all the table in the Fabrik database (i use a specific bd for fabrik)

Then :
- Reinstall fabrik
- Reload the BD backup
- Put the xml files in the administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\content_types folder
-> all my old forms on Fabrik work well !
But : no plug_in purpose in my Form's plug-in tab ... ?? (i refresh the rigth on folder and file -> same ...

But i losted the last afternoon and evening work -> it would understud me to think before to make !
I lost the work, but i had the structure ... (xml).

Before you "make" anything you should always backup your site.

Have a look at the Akeeba backup extension. You easyly can backup your complete site or only database.

Hi troester,
Than a lot for all your answer and the time you spend to help us on the Fabrik forum.
As i answer in my new post, i restart until friday evening to build some forms with fabrik ... to show if we start to use it in production (and take pro support ...)
At this time we use it only to produce simple forms ...
The copy fo the joomla site is ok in the last version (joomla update tool), fabrik too (joomla update tool). At this time, only a pb of Juser plugin in form plugin ...

You explain to me where to put the xml file :
"To use the "content types" the xml files must be located in administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\content_types
(where they are created).
Then when you are creating a new list you are asked which content type you want to use and it's creating the groups, elements etc. automatically."

It's what i want -> recreate my list, form, elements from template ... there is no data to restore.

But when i select new list -> i don't see where to choose a template :(

Do a "New" list, set list "Label", optionally modify the "Database table" name, "Save".
Then you will be asked to select your content type.

Thanks troester !
I did that but error message :
upload_2017-3-3_9-31-39.png

A thousand forgiveness, I would not want you to become Sisyphus and I your stone ...

Do you have the password plugin installed (it's not part of the Fabrik core installation)?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back