Inline edit trashes repeat groups

Bauer

If I use the inline edit plugin in a list containing a joined repeat group, the repeat groups for that row will get trashed when any inline edit column value is edited/saved.

I thought this might have just been an issue if you tried editing one of the repeat group values in the list (Forget that - it doesn't work at all) - or if the element being edited was not just a standard generic 'field' element. But I configured the inline edit plugin to only allow editing of 3 'field' text elements in the master table and still had the same issue.

So in a nutshell, I guess the 'rule' is - you can't use the inline edit plugin except in a list that has no joins?

This inline-edit plugin has always had bugs or caused major issues (in the 2 years I've been using fabrik). That's why, after my initial interest in using it (it's the advertised feature that 'sold me' on using fabrik to begin with) - I rarely bother to even try/test using it anymore. You would think that this plugin would either have been fixed by now - or that some code would have been added to prevent the inline-edit plugin from even being shown as a plugin option for a list with joined tables. That would at least solve the problem of literally losing an entire set of joined records should you make the mistake of trying to use it.

BTW - The server is running Linux - Apache v2.4.9 - Joomla v3.3 - php 5.5.12 CGI/FastCGI - mySQL db v5.6.16

Back