Issues with filterin in a list

mhelm

I use the latest fabrik-github-upgrade on Joomla 3.3.6
When filtering a list in standard-mode (non-ajax) I get an error if I
  • move to any page of the list (but not the first)
  • click to see the detail-view
  • click the browser-back-button
This is already described here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cache-error-with-filtered-list-and-back-button.38109/

If I switch the list to ajax-filtering, this works, but here I've got another issue:
  • filtering with "standard-filters" works as expected
  • filtering with advanced filter works on the first page
  • switching to the second page works in Chrome, but not in Firefox: FF seems to show a nonfiltered list.
I need both functions in my list: Advanced filtering and the back-Button...so how do I solve this?
Any ideas are appreciated - thanks in advance!
mhelm

dimoss - your two issues seem to have been resolved in the posts you mentioned, is that correct?

When filtering a list in standard-mode (non-ajax) I get an error if I
  • move to any page of the list (but not the first)
  • click to see the detail-view
  • click the browser-back-button

I can't replicate that - could you provide a test URl where I can see the behaviour, also provide a screencast of the actual actions you are doing as its far to easy to misconstrue the steps needed to replicate these types of issues.

Thanks Troester.
That's exactly the problem and IMHO it's a very annoying bug which affects all of us who run apps on F3.1.
Rob & Hugh..please do something.

Annoying I agree, but I seem to be repeating myself a lot these last couple of days regarding this.

Its just really really really really complicated to change this now in 3.x. It would mean replacing the post filters with get filters. which will have huge implications across the entire filtering code which is really really really really really (hope you get how complex it is) complex. Currently there's a presumption about the order in which filters are assigned; whether they are set in content plugins, in the url (get) or by filters (post).

Trust me I have had to do exactly the same thing with the jed code and it took me several weeks to resolve on a code base whose filter system is more compact and better designed that that of Fabrik 3's.

If someone wanted to pay me a couple of 1000 euros for the time it would take to fix test and resolve all the bugs related to this I'd be ok with it but otherwise I 'm not going to do it.

However, that being said, it is something that will be resolved in Fabrik4

Ok, I found a non Fabrik Joomla site with the same (or at least similar issue):

goto https://joomla.digital-peak.com/documentation
filter something (eg. events)
open any title
click browser back
viol?

and you can replicate it yourself:
create some Joomla articles with a category
create a menu Joomla articles "category list", enable filtering in options
use your menu item
filter anything
click on the article
click browser back

Hi Troester

Yes, you are right. I saw this behavior in the url you posted.
So it seems the problems is on Joomla side from 3.2.x and up because I have an app on J3.1.6 and works ok.

In this app with J3.1.6 and the old Fabrik code both (browser button, Back button) work ok.
Just my two cents.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back