last_insert_id not showing in form_submit_message

colinvv

Is there a reason I cannot display the last id inserted (auto-incremented key) into a table? I am using the format {item_id} in the message... but the server has MYSQL version 5.0.27.

placeholders should use this format:

{tablename___elementnname}

for the primary key we also have an alternative to this format which is:

{rowid}

so I'd suggest trying one of those

Cheers
Rob

I see that we are calling "_lastInsertId" in the oTable class and the "insertid" of the fabrikDb class. And a Mambo fix in "fabrik_table.class.php" line #269 where we do a SELECT MAX(id) to get the last_insert_id.

I came across a note in the MySQL 5.0 docs that suggests a quickfix for this problem in early versions.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/insert-select.html

"SELECT id FROM mytable WHERE id IS NULL;"

Colin

None of these are working in the form_submit_message option for the form...
rowid={rowid}
item_id={item_id}
jos_th_item___item_id={jos_th_item___item_id}

Colin

PHP built On: Linux mail4 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 #1 SMP Mon Oct 16 14:37:32 EDT 2006 i686
Database Version: 5.0.27
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Web Server:
Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora)
WebServer to PHP interface:
apache2handler
Joomla! Version:
Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable [ Daytime ] 22 February 2008 23:00 UTC

I tested on another form with no table join... and {item_id} works! (it displays the 'last_insert_id' in the form_submit_message area)

Could you be more precise with what you are doing? I'm unsure as to where exactly you are trying to use the placeholder

Thanks
Rob

Sorry, I should have detailed the whole thing... but I thought you may have a "quick-fix" for me.

I have a Joomla 1.0 component, TaskHopper and task management and support ticket tracker, installed and am trying to create a custom Fabrik "Submit New Support Ticket" form. I have the basics of the form working well... but then I tried to add a "file upload" element. That's when it stopped working properly.

It seems that if I attempt to run a "On Change" JavaScript to the "File Upload" element, it destroys the "data" type of the element and will not post correctly. I have "File Name", "File Description" and "File Type" fields required by the TaskHopper table that I'm trying to fill from that "File Upload" element.

Any ideas on how I can manage/modify the post data from the "File Upload" element? Let me know if you what a detailed look at the site.

Thanks,
Colin

I'm not sure that adding an onchange event to the fileupload element would work, I've not tried but I know that fileupload elements tend to severely limit how you can interact with them for security reasons.

What I would do is:

create three hidden fields for the "file name", "file description" and "file type" options

Then I would edit my form and:

select process php script: "As soon as form submitted (CURL)"
and in the 'PHP code to execute on form submission'

something like this:

Code:
global $_FILES;
// get information about the uploaded file whose full element name is 
// 'tablename___elementname';
$fileinfo = $_FILES['tablename___elementname'];

// insert its file type and name into your hidden fields
JRequest::setVar('tablename___filetype', $fileinfo['type'], 'post');
JRequest::setVar('tablename___filename', $fileinfo['[FONT=monospace]name[/FONT]'], 'post');

you may need to alter the varaible names to match the fields you have in the taskhopper component.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back