Solved Link element Link target option always uses Mediabox

EricWebsite

The Link element has an Option to target the link to either Self, Parent, Blank, Top, Media box.
But whatever is set, the link always comes up in an iframe.

I can't replicate.
It's opening self or blank or in media box (only if Fabrik Options JS = mediabox), no iframe at all.

List view or details view?
What is the page source code looking like?
Frontend and/or backend?

And the page output looks like this:
1708956985759.png

With mediabox there's an iframe inside mbContainer, yes.

The link source is showing <... target="mediabox" rel="lightbox[mediabox 800 600]"> in this case.

But with self or blank I get the correct links like < ...target="_blank" rel>

Some caching?
Do you have any other non-default settings in the link element?
J! template? Is it the same in the backend?

The template is standard J!4 Cassiopeia.
It happens on the backend as well.
The link element has no non-default settings.
I tried my very best to clear all caches, including the site cache, but as it happens as well on a PC that never displayed this site before, I cannot believe that caching is the problem.
It is very strange that both target="_blank" and rel="lightbox[mediabox 800 600]" is being ouput at the same time!

I just looked at one of my forms with a link element and realized that there is indeed a mb*** section after a script statement. This mb*** section is not displayed (display: none). I don't use mediabox.
But the output of the link element is not in this section. It is in the main section (and correct).
Maybe there is something hindering the standard output of the element and directs it to mediabox..
Do you have a customized fabrik template?

Do you have a customized fabrik template?
No, standard template

Even stranger: I tried on a different site with the same history (J3/F3 upgraded to J4/F4) and similar settings, and could not replicate the error either.

Can you see any JS errors/messages with the failing link.
Do you have multiple link elements with different settings?

We did a workaround: copied the website links to a regular field and use 'Guess link', set to open in a new window.
As this seems to be not a general bug, just specific for this site, it is probably not useful to investigate further.

It is:
Code:
{"bootstrap_class":"col-sm-6","link_default_url":"https:\/\/","link_target":"_blank","rel":"","link_title":"","link_smart_link":"1","link_normalize":"0","maxlength":"255","use_bitly":"0","bitly_apikey":"","use_redirect":"0","link_hit_counter":"","show_in_rss_feed":"0","show_label_in_rss_feed":"0","use_as_rss_enclosure":"0","rollover":"","tipseval":"0","tiplocation":"top-left","labelindetails":"0","labelinlist":"0","comment":"","edit_access":"1","edit_access_user":"","view_access":"1","view_access_user":"","list_view_access":"1","encrypt":"0","store_in_db":"1","default_on_copy":"0","can_order":"0","alt_list_heading":"","custom_link":"","custom_link_target":"","custom_link_indetails":"1","use_as_row_class":"0","include_in_list_query":"1","always_render":"0","icon_folder":"0","icon_hovertext":"1","icon_file":"","icon_subdir":"","filter_length":"20","filter_access":"1","full_words_only":"0","filter_required":"0","filter_build_method":"0","filter_groupby":"text","inc_in_adv_search":"1","filter_class":"input-medium","filter_responsive_class":"","tablecss_header_class":"","tablecss_header":"","tablecss_cell_class":"","tablecss_cell":"","sum_on":"0","sum_label":"Sum","sum_access":"1","sum_split":"","avg_on":"0","avg_label":"Average","avg_access":"1","avg_round":"0","avg_split":"","median_on":"0","median_label":"Median","median_access":"1","median_split":"","count_on":"0","count_label":"Count","count_condition":"","count_access":"1","count_split":"","custom_calc_on":"0","custom_calc_label":"Custom","custom_calc_query":"","custom_calc_access":"1","custom_calc_split":"","custom_calc_php":"","validations":[]}

Looking at your params the only difference to mine is "link_smart_link":"1"

So do you have the "Smart link" option enabled?
Smart Link will detect various content types, like Social Video sites, Flash content, MP3's, etc and open them using Mediabox.
Which would explain the behaviour.
Maybe there's an issue with the "detect". Where is your link going to?

Tested:
Looking at the code it's doing nothing "smart" at all, with smart_links it's adding rel=mediabox.
But this is already the case in F3.

Maybe in your F3 site Fabrik Options/JavaScript is not set to Mediabox? So it's not triggered by "Smart link"?

Hi Troester,

You found it! Yes, the element was set to Smart Link = Yes, and that seems to always add the rel="mediabox", regardless of the settings of Link Target (which adds "target=_blank").
The link becomes:
Code:
<a href="https://www.domain.nl" rel="lightbox[mediabox 800 600]" target="_blank">website</a>
Options JavaScript is set to Mediabox, and it seems that in this link mediabox is used and target is ignored. Solved.
Thanks,
Eric

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back