List filtering to allow editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelis

I have a List called Calendar with 18 various Elements
From the 18, I have listed the following ones as I believe these to be relevant to my issue.
calendar___startdate; label ? Start; date
calendar___national; label ? National; Yes / No
calendar___ event; label ? Event; field
calendar___location; label ? Location; field
calendar___stated; label ? State; databasejoin - to another List called State
The databasejoin for the State list uses the List?s id, and the value of an element called Stateabbrev in a dropdown box.
calendar___chairsteward; label ? Chair of Stewards; databasejoin - to another List called Stewards
calendar___steward2; label ? Steward; databasejoin - to another List called Stewards
calendar___steward3; label ? Steward; databasejoin - to another List called Stewards
The databasejoin for the Steward list uses the List?s id, and concat two elements, fname and lname to appear in a dropdown box as a full name of the steward.
calendar___camsregion; label ? Region; field
The value for the calendar___camsregion element is via a Form Plugin ? Auto Fill referencing an element?s value in the State List and based on the calendar___stateid dropdown selection.

I have another List called Steward which contains a variety number of elements to maintain a user/profile information
Again, I have listed the following ones as I believe these to be relevant to my issue.
steward___licence; label ? Username; field
steward___password; label ? password; passsword
steward___ J_id; label ? Jid; field ? link to the Joomla Users? table
steward___fname; label ? First Name; field
steward___lname; label ? Last Name; field
steward___ region; label ? Allocation State; dropdown
steward___access; label ? Status; access ? Public, Steward, Series Steward, AO, Super User etc.

I am trying to achieve the following when I create a Fabrik List Menu option for the calendar list;
Whenever a Steward logs in who has been assigned an AO level access via the steward___access element, that steward can edit all records in the Calendar List where the
steward___region element, value is the same value as the calendar___camsregion element , and the calendar___national element, value is No
What is the best way to achieve this? If through coding, I would appreciate and example and where such coding should be placed.

Regards
Steve
Australia

There's a caneditrow list plugin where you can define your own conditions via php.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back