Moving a repeat group to another form does not work as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeley

I had created a Candidates List and Form. It was a multi-page form.
My client thought the multi page form was too complicated to use, and asked me to separate it in 3 forms.
Now I have form A, and forms B and C.

Some elements were initially created as part of repeat groups under my Candidates list. Later on I separated the List into 3. These elements were assigned to new groups, which are assigned to forms B and C.
These elements now have no link to list or form A.
But the full element names are still showing them as part of list A (they look like that: A_55_repeat___id), and the repeat joins still exist under list A, when no joins exist under list B or C.

How can I repair the database and consistency?
Can I just delete the joins under A and recreate them under B or C? I'm a bit afraid of trashing the elements by doing that.

Thanks,
Mathieu

I managed to solve my problem.
Still I'm posting the issue as it may be interesting to others.
When you move a group to another form, the system makes a copy of the group. Then you just have to reassign the elements to the new group, and your elements end up in the group's new form.
But if you try to do the same with a repeat group, it does not work as expected, the elements are assigned to the new group, are visible in the new form, but are still part of the old list through the table name and database join. This ends up creating problems such as the one described here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/solved-related-tables.38319/

In order to solve the issue, I had to trash the group, create another one, and then assign all the elements to the new group.
And then I was able to delete the table join in the old list. (A new database join in the new list was created by the system).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back