Multiple User Groups and views for one table

abel408

Hello All,

I'm having trouble figuring this out and hoping it is possible with Fabrik and I'm just missing something. I have two tables. One is a standard table of records that users can view and admins can add, edit, and delete. The other table is a Users table using the juser table. The issue is that I would like to have multiple groups and access privileges for these tables. For example: Group A admin can only add users to to Group A (Joomla Group). Everyone in Group A can only view records created by a Group A admin.

I have managed to figure out a lot. I have added a hidden usergroup field to the record table that will mark the record to the corresponding group that the group admin is part of. I have copied the original list and created a prefilter for each group based on what the record is tagged as. This means that if Group A added a record and someone in Group A tries to view the prefiltered list, they are only allowed to view records created by Group A.

My trouble seems to be with User creation. I do not want to create users and want to allow a group admin to create users. Is there anyway I can tag a user in my Users list as an Admin and then only allow users who are marked as Admin to create, delete, and edit records in my standard record list and my users list? The access menu in the fabrik list seems to be limited to only Joomla groups and not field values and I cannot think of a way that I can accomplish this using Joomla groups (Eg. create Joomla groups called "Group A' and "Group A Admins").

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back