Problem in "Multi Select Dropdown in Cascadingdropdwon" under repeat group

baderajhar

Hello there,
As mentioned in the subject, when I add to the repeat group a cascadingdropdown element and I render it as "multi select dropdown" every thing works fine before submitting the form, after submitting the form, it shows all the selected items in all the multi select dropdowns elements in all repeated group, when I try to edit the record it show me the same problem as the attached photos.
Thanks

Attachments

• adding record.jpg
    adding record.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 882
  • after submit.jpg
    after submit.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,277
  • Edit.png
    Edit.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,130
Yes, and I am pretty sure that it would happen also when you change this multiselect against checkboxes.

Just in case I remind that CDD element (like also dbjoin and fileupload in AJAX mode) rendered as multiple select or checkboxes uses its own db table with the field parent_id where it writes the pk value of parent table.

In your case this element is in repeat group that shows data from another table. That means the element uses a third one.

Here is the problem that is still not solved - being in repeat group the multiple/checkbox still thinks that the primary key which value to write to the parent_id is in main table. But actually it should take its parent_id value from the joined table's pk because the joined table is actually expected to be its parent table.

Let's say your main data id=1 ,
pk values in repeat group id are 2,3
So in the third table behind multiple select CDD should be one row with parent_id=2 and two rows with parent_id=3. But it has 3 rows with parent_id=1 instead.

I tried (and the developers did) to find some solution but no success.

If he has time, Hugh may be able to look into making this work - but at present it is not supported.

As a work around, you could consider separating the repeat group into a separate list and using Related Data to link from the main table.

S

If he has time, Hugh may be able to look into making this work - but at present it is not supported.

As a work around, you could consider separating the repeat group into a separate list and using Related Data to link from the main table.

S

Thank you Sophist, I followed your suggestion for separating the repeat group into separate lists, so far it's good.
Hopefully, Hugh will make this work, to make easy user interface.
Regards

Just one (strange?) idea for a possible (temporary?) solution.
Perhaps we could be able to create a new param for databasejoin, CDD and fileupload elements - to determine which table would be the "main" table for these elements if they are in repeatelement mode (multiselect/checkboxes for dbjoin/CDD or AJAX mode for fileupload). And their behaviour in repeat group would depend of this param (in case when user set it).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back