Problem with Related Data in a List

danjuns

Hello,

I'm having some problems with related data in a list I created.
In this list (called List A), I go to the option to show the related data, checking the other list (called List B) I want to appear in the List A. The problem is that, when I view the data of the List A, I can't find the column of the List B. The more bizarre is that the List A also have another related data lists added and they all work fine.

Someone with this same problem?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if my problem is related to this, but I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out a problem with related data/tables.

I'm running Joomla 3.2.3 and Fabrik 3.1

I've successfully setup 2 tables, where the first is a list of entities and the second is a list of contacts. There is a databasejoin element in the contacts list that creates a drop-down option for selecting which entity a contact is tied to. When attempting to view data through the admin backend, I select the view data link for the entities table, which appears as intended. There is also a column with a link to related data, also as intended. When I click the related data link for a particular entity, it brings me to a page that displays 'An error has occured. 500 Internal server error'. I'm not sure if there is a step I am missing (although I don't think so as I have tried to recreate a simple setup identical to the video tutorial and still get the same error). Could the error be in the URL of the related data link? Note that this is for any related data link, not a case-by-case basis for random records.

Is this a known bug?

Any assistance is appreciated. I can post more details and screenshots, if necessary.

Thanks

Is the id element (the primary key) in your listB defined (in list settings) and published (in element settings)?

Additional information on the problem outlined earlier, in case anyone else has an idea:

Each list is setup with the primary key defaulting to the pre-defined element id (auto-increment) when a new list is started. Yes, each list's primary key element is defined in the list settings also. When attempting to 'View Data' of any given list, it works fine, given there are no database join elements created and published. However, of my tables, one is a parent list and the other is a child list. Therefore, a databasejoin element is established in the chid list. Once this is done, the proper list settings are set to display related data and add column in the parent table. All of this is rendered without problem up to the point where a link to a related child list is clicked, where it then gives a 500 Internal Server Error.

Do I need to set anything else in order for a related list to work properly?

Thanks

Anyone??? Still tripping over this problem and have spent endless hours varying the scenario, but still nothing.

Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back