Questions on upgrade

smart

Hello,

I am new to Joomla and Fabrik as well.
I have a test web running with J 2.5.7 + Fabrik 3.0.6 from github.
What is the upgrade path to Joomla 3 and coming to be Fabrik 3.1 full release.
I don't want to create all the list and everything I have setup there.
I love fabrik and want to learn more.

Thank you
Smart

I had the same situation not long ago : started a project on J! 2.5 + Fabrik 3, then moved to J3 + Fabrik 3.1.
I proceeded as followed : I installed the new J3, then installed Fabrik 3.1, then updated to the latest Joomla3 branch on GitHub.
After that, I just copied all the fabrik tables (except the fabrik_connection) + the ones I created with Fabrik from the J2.5 database and pasted them in the J3 database.
That worked fine.
Be aware though that Fabrik 3.1 is very much in alpha stage so, especially being new to J and Fabrik, you should stick to J 2.5 if you want to build something else than a test site.
It will be time later to update when both Joomla and Fabrik will be more stable.

Just to confirm what jfquestaux is saying - we are not making any structural database changes in 3.1.
What you may have to do though is when you move to Joomla 3, re-edit your lists/forms and select the bootstrap templates. That's optional but recommended if you want to make use of a consistent look across all components on your site. (well for those components that support bootstrap)

The re-saving of lists/forms is a good point. Leaving on "default" (both form front and admin) will cause display problems with icons. You have to select the "bootstrap" templates.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back