Quickie: {file} without absolute url?

littleangel

Greetings,

I am asking users to submit a text file and am displaying the title of the text file in the results area of the form. The current 'title' of the file is an absolute URL.

I noticed in the admin area, if the file is set to a link, the title is not absolute - just the title of the file (mytext.doc). Is there a way to do this on the results page for the file title on the front end?

Thanks!

hi

Can't seem to replicate what you are describing, can you post all the settings you have for your fileupload element and also confirm that when you say you are "am displaying the title of the text file in the results area of the form" - does this mean when you are looking at the record's detailed view (e.g. you have &task=viewTableRowDetails in the page's url)

Hi Rob,

Sorry this took a bit. I've attached the file_upload element settings.

No, I'm not using a URL to display the results on submit. Instead, in the 'Thanks message when form submitted' textbox, I'm using code like {file_upload} to call the results of the element's content. When I do this, there's an absolute path to the file instead of simply the file's name (i.e. document.doc).

Cheers.
la

try {tablename___file_upload} rather than simply {file_upload}. I've not tested but most placeholder variables need to be in that format.

Cheers
Rob

ps didnt see an attachment with your post ;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back