Repeatable List Join not saving or handling validation errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamwork

Using Fabrik 3.2 and j3.3.3

Join works correctly, but any entries after the first do not save even if valid and do not render after invalid submission attempt.

There may be issues after a failed validation.
But save (without validation error) should be working.
What are your join settings?
Your child table needs a foreign key pointing to the primary key element of the parent table (usually id).
In Fabrik one "leg" of a join MUST be a primary key.

When you mention foreign key do you mean setting a foreign key in the database itself, or just the fabrik setup?

No database setting.
The child list/table needs an element/column storing the parent id. It can be just a field element.

Ok - the child table does have a element/column called contact_id that links to the contact table's primary key[recommended].

It is currently a database join... would it work better if it were not a db join element but a field type instead?

[EDIT]
I tried a normal field element, and it made no difference.

dbjoin is ok.
In the list join settings you should have
from parent.id to child.contact_id, repeated=yes

This will create a new group parent-[child] with copies of all elements of your child table.
The contact_id element in this group must be enabled, with write access to the user (you can edit it by checking the unlink checkbox and set it e.g. to hidden).
There are some tutorials for joining, one-to-many relations... (Fabrik2, but the principle is still the same)
http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials/details/3/24

I've set up joins before, and it was fine... there's something else....

I've got an warning/error that displays when I am experience the issue....
It reads:

Warning: stripslashes() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/instatra/public_html/bev3/plugins/fabrik_element/internalid/internalid.php on line 47

Did you put you main table's PK element (id, type internalid) into a repeat group?

HA! I figured out what the problem was.....

The databasejoin element that is hidden, in the joined group MUST HAVE 'Show please select' set to NO in order to work properly.

Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back