Standard template for frontend - not Bootstrap

woznyp

Is there any chance to change frontend template for form and table to that without Bootstrap technology? I`ve written template for Joomla! 3.1 on my own and havent been using Bootstrap. Since then, Fabrik forms and tables are not shown correctly.

If this a Joomla template or a Fabrik template?

Do you get display issues showing non-Fabrik i.e. normal Joomla content on this template?

I suspect that you probably need to load the bootstrap css / js in your template under J3.1 because Fabrik uses e.g. bootstrap classes under J3 regardless of whether the template is a bootstrap one or not.

S

I`ve written template for Joomla! not for Fabrik. I know that it is possible to include bootstrap files to my own template, however, bootstrap overwrites some css styles very important for me e.g menu style (of course I can use !important but won`t do it in plenty elements style definitions).

Well, as I said, I think that Fabrik tests for J3 and if it find it then it uses bootstrap classes. So if you don't want to include the BS files, you will probably need either to add missing CSS to your own CSS files - and it might be simpler for you to change some of the conflicting names in your own template so that you don't conflict with BS and then load the BS files.

I am struggeling with the same problem at the moment.
Based on the VIMEO detail tutorial i layoutet my own form.
I am having in this form several field and dropdown elements. Everything works fine.
Now i added a googlemap plugin and it does not pop up.
But if i changed this form to the BOOTSTRAP template, the map appears.

So for me it looks like the googlemap plugin needs some of the bootstrap classes or styles, but wich ones ?
and is there a way to implement them manually?

thanks in advance,
carlos

Yes - of course there is a way to implement them manually - however I would not recommend that, and I am not sure that bootstrap classes are necessarily the issue anyway.

Is there a link where we can view your page and examine the HTML?

S

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back