still getting weird date formatting

skyrun

when date is set to n/j/y, date format for 6/anything/13 when selected on the calendar becomes 06/%z/13. %z is time zone for strftime (???)

happens with our without advanced date formatting turned on.

should be fixed now
Issue was the replace would replace "j" with "%e" but then replace the "e" with "%z" to give "%%z" :S

sorry, still having issues with entering dates and using the caln button.
here are some use-cases where you can easily see it.

1) arrival and departure date on lead form (2 dates, easier formatting m/d/y no time)
  • http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/leads
  • click on lead with id 1 to bring up form (or does same with inlineedit of date)
  • click on either calendar button (arrival or departure date)
  • RESULT: caln button functions like a 'submit' button and submits form vs. showing caln to pick from.
  • note that if i press 'refresh' a dozen times, it will work one of those times. also note that sometimes the tooltips are not formatted either and sometimes they are... so i think my slower network connection is exposing some timing issues.
2) activity date (one date, more complicated formatting n/j/y with time
  • click on act(7) link on right of lead id 1 to show activities for that lead.
  • this takes you to: http://www.skyrun.com/skyforce/lead...4=0&resetfilters=1&fabrik_incsessionfilters=0
  • click first activity to edit (or does same on inlineedit of date)
  • click on caln button
  • RESULT: caln button function like a submit button. time seems to be forcing a hh:mm 24-hour format even if i put other formatting characters in the time selector.
  • then try to manually type a valid time without the button like 2:14p
  • RESULT: different time is stored
the results listed are 'typical', but aren't always the same... try it a few times and you'll get dates and times being erased, changed, misformatted... results seem to vary based on timing...

oh boy oh boy - this was fun to figure out.

Basically we use require js to handle js script dependencies (e.g. if you ask to load the cdd js file, it will first load the dbjoin js file). I had each view creating its own requirejs config and that seemed to work ok 99% of the time.

Thus, the form view was correctly creating the dependencies saying that the date element needed to load up the advanced date management scripts.
However, in your particular case, the in-line edit plugin in the list loads up it's form element scripts, and the date element here had a config to not load the advanced date scripts, this config superseded the form config and the upshot was that the advanced js date scripts were not loaded.

I've gotten round this by storing the requirejs config in the session and as each view loads (e.g. the component/module/content plugin) it appends info to this config set up. Finally the fabrik system plugin injects the completed config and js scripts into the head in its onAfterRender() hook.

Changes are on your site and in github

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back