Table View: View Details/Edit link display modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

hk2n

Hi ,

Using 1.0.4b
I have a front-end table view with a link to view and edit the details.
When I click on the View or Edit links:
The details of that record are shown one below the other with no template.
How do I assign a template/css to the View details/ Edit links ?

Please help....

Thanks
hani

Hi..

Using Fabrik 1.0.4b
I have a hidden field on a form which is the "user-id" of the person logged in.
Created a front-end table view of the form with an edit link.

When the user clicks on edit, the hidden form field is also displayed and is editable. I do not want the user to be able to change the user id. I tried setting the field's Access and Read-Only-Access to Super Admin, but still the field gets displayed and the user can edit it.

Where do we control this display this and how ?

Please help

Hi Hani

Both the edit and view templates are in fact the same files, you can find each form template in /components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/{template name}, where {template name} is the name of the template.

You can assign these templates to the form by editing your form in the administration and selecting the "templates" tab.
Then, for the view template, select a template from the "View only template" drop down and for the edit template select a template form the "Form template" drop down

hth

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot...that helped....shouldv'e gone through the documentation :-\

What about the hidden field being editable in the edit view link ?
Please help...

Regards

Hi Hani,
If the table is set to allow edits from the user (Fabrik Tables, Access tab) then the table will display an Edit link from the table, and if not it will show just the view for detailed views. For an element to be read only in a form you need to set the element's access to nobody and Read only access to public or whatever level of user you wish to be able to view the field.

Is that what you are referring to?

Andre

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for replying.
Setting the element access to "nobody" solved the problem.
Thanks again! :)

Regards
Hani

Hello,

where do you find the element access parameters. In the element section there is an 'Access' field, but my only choices are the standard joomla choices of 'Public', 'Restricted' and 'Special'. I can not chose nobody. As you can gather I am a newby in this and can use any help I can get ;-)

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi

Which version of Fabrik are you using ?

In the access tab of each element: there are two parameters "Access" and "Read only Access"
which should show all the user groups and Nobody as well.

Regards
Harini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back