Using Ajax and JavaScript to display multiple fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

msambare

Hi,

I have 2 tables, Csutomer_Master and Customer_Interactions.

In Customer_Master, I have fields like First_Name, Last_Name, Phone_Number, Membership_Status, etc.
In Customer_Interactions, I have fields like Phone_Number, Query_Type, Query_Sub_Type, Resolution_Provided, etc.

When a customer calls in for any query, the interaction is to be captured in the Customer_Interactions table. The first input field in the form is Phone_Number. As soon as the agent enters the customer's phone number, multiple display fields should get populated (First_Name, Last_Name, Membership_Status) from the Customer_Master table. This will help the agent identify the customer and provide the agent with the customer's membership status as well.

How do I go about it? I checked the tutorials however I am not really clear as they mainly talk about Cascading Drop Downs and a single display field being updated.

I am a Fabrik newbie with little coding experience. Will really appreciate as much detail as possible.

Thanks is advance.

Regards,
MS

Hi,

My apologies, I missed stating that I am using Fabrik 3.1 on Joomla 3.0.3.

A couple of points, I did go through the wiki and this thread where Rob has also outlined the steps very neatly.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30223

Currently, the fields are getting populated when they gain focus. What I want is as soon as the agent types in the phone number, I want all fields to get populated.

Can you please guide what I need to do.

Regards,
MS

Ahh... I could do the above with creation of a button and setting a trigger event in the form.

What I now need to understand is how to make these populated fields non-editable. I tried the "display" field type however that is not working. With the display field type chosen, the fields do not populate and hence I have to keep them as text fields.

How do I prevent editing of these fields in the form and use them purely for displaying customer information from the master table?

I did think of this as a solution after browsing other threads however the application is meant to be accessed by only registered users and hence this solution will not work out of the box.

Probably will have to create a different group, dummy group and give editing access for these fields to only users in that group. The group will of course be empty.

Does this make sense? Anyways, I will try this and post the results.

Mr. Joshi, thank you for all the help. I am almost there :)

Yes that's right, if it is to be accessed by registered users, you can create a separate access level or you can also set the access level to special, where registered users cannot edit the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back