Validation plugin: error message does not appear

danjuns

Hello,

I'm using the "isemail" validation plugin to validate a field of my form. I purposely input an invalid email in this field to see if the validation plugin works, and it seems to work, because the field is highlighted in red and the form submission fails. Moreover, I see in the firebug that the form receives the error message ("Please enter a valid email address.") that I have written.
My problem is that this error message simply does not show up in the form, even if it is received.

Is there any option where I can set to display this message? I find it very strange that the validation works but the error message doesn't appear.

For information:
Joomla version: 3.3.0
Fabrik version: 3.1.1 (I just updated from GitHub)

Thanks!

Are you submitting the form or looking for the error prior? If looking for it prior, do you have the form set to use ajax validations?

I'm submitting my form prior. I submit it and then look for the errors.

--

Update:

Somehow, I just made the error messages display works by disabling the "Ajaxify links" option in my list. This way, the form isn't opened in a "pop-up" style and the error messages appear!
However, I still find it strange that the error messages didn't appear if my form was in this "pop-up" style.

You are correct - when ajaxify links is set in the list, form validations seem to not be working. Hugh or Rob, any thoughts on this?

In ajaxfied forms the validation eror message is included in the tooltip.
I "think" there was a reason for it (but I can't remember...;))

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back