The 3.8 code for Fabrik is now available on github, in the 'master' branch. If you are familiar with updating Fabrik from github, we would appreciate it if you could test this code on J! 3.8 for us. Once we have some feedback, we'll build a 3.8 release.
As an open source project, we encourage and value contributions by our users, be they additions to the wiki or bug-fixes / enhancements to our code. Since we provide our software free, if you feel that you have benefited from it, please consider giving something back to the fabrik community by contributing your time, skills and fabrik knowledge.
This page describes the license under which users of fabrik or the fabrikar.com web site can offer their of code, fixes, documentation etc. This license is not only for the protection of the contributors themselves, but also for the protection of the project and its users; it does not change your rights to use your own contributions for any other purpose. The license applies to all contributors, and by virtue of submitting your contribution for inclusion in the software or site, you are deemed to have accepted it.
Contribution LicenseYou and the developers of fabrik agree that:
No Implied Warranties
- If you make a contribution of code, fixes, documentation, forum posts or any other intellectual property ("your contribution") to fabrik or fabrikar.com by uploading them to the fabrikar.com web site or its associated projects located on other web sites (e.g. GitHub) then:
- You grant pollen8 Ltd. (the copyright owners of fabrik and fabrikar.com) a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense under the fabrik GPL2 license or other widely accepted open source license, and distribute your contribution and such derivative works in any way considered appropriate by the fabrik developers.
- You are fully able to grant these rights, and you represent that you are legally entitled to grant the above license. If your employer has rights to intellectual property that you create, you represent that you have received permission to make your contributions on behalf of that employer, or that your employer has waived such rights for your contributions.
- You represent that the contributions are your original works of authorship and, to your knowledge, no other person claims or has the right to claim, any right in any invention or patent related to your contributions. You also represent that you are not legally obligated, whether by entering into an agreement or otherwise, in any way that conflicts with the terms of this license. (For example, if you have signed an agreement requiring you to assign the intellectual property rights in the Contributions to an employer or customer, that would conflict with the terms of this license.)
- You understand that your contribution may or may not be included in fabrik or fabrikar.com at the full discretion of the fabrik developers, and this agreement does not guarantee that the Contributions will be included in any product or web-site.
The fabrik developers acknowledge that, except as explicitly described in this Agreement, your contributions are provided on an "As-Is" basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.