Search results

1. J

View details problem

OK, that all holds together with my observations and I should be able to work it out after I add an id field to the db. Good Rule #1 to remember. Maybe the easy way to implement in the future would be to make the mysql indices available. The zipcode+state+county unique key is called zipcode2...
  2. J

View details problem

The primary key in the 'View Dealer' table is `zipcode`. It is not unique. In the physical database there is a unique key comprised of `zipcode`, `state` and `county` but it is not available in the Fabrik 'View Dealer' table. The 'detailed view link' checkbox is checked for the 'View Dealer'...
  3. J

View details problem

Start here: http://www.malcopro.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=810
  4. J

View details problem

When I'm not working on it the View link is turned off so that potential customers don't get confused. It's turned back on now. For a multi-record result use zip code 44203.
  5. J

View details problem

I have a Fabrik 1.0.6 form linked to a database table that does everything that I want. Unfortunately, when I click on the 'View' link for any record in the multi-record set, the displayed result has the field values for the last record in it. The link (see below) appears to be correct as the...
  6. J

Rows returned from external db Query

Isn't English a wonderful language? By external, I meant external to Joomla. Yes, I have both Fabrik connection and table with all the required fields. To explain a little more about what I am trying to do, I want to build a user-friendly dealer finder application. User enters his...
  7. J

Yeah, either approach should work. I was just hoping that as there already is a connection to the external database defined and tables based on it that there would be some way to use that. Thanks.
  8. J

I want to determine the rows returned by a query and then make a decision: rows=1 - display record rows >1 - jump to new form I follow the thread "Count rows of a query sql" but it is based on a Joomla database so the global variable $database can be used. What is the corresponding...
  9. J

Simple data display

I worked out how to do most of what I want with a tablebot (once I updated 1.0.6 to build 1039). Probably a formbot approach will do it but I haven't gotten to that yet. It seems unnecessarily complicated though. I can almost do what I want by following the approach on the Search tutorial...
  10. J

Simple data display

OK, I am using Joomla 1.0.15 Stable and Fabrik 1.0.6. I created a connection to a MySQL database, a group, a table and a form - all pretty much following the model of the 'Contact Us' tutorial. The database has two columns: one called `zipcode` and one called `dealer`. I want my form to...
  11. J

Simple data display

All I want to do display a few fields when a registered user enters a keyword. No editing, adding or deleting links - just display the record and quit. Seems simple enough but I can't seem to find any information on how to do it. Any hints as to what is required would be appreciated...
Back