Search results

1. BodgeIT

YesNo element breaks multipage form since 3.9(I think)

Hey Hugh, Not overriding that. That closing </div> also not coming with any remarks so it's not coming from fabrik-bootstrap-grid.php As I said, I've set to bootstrap standard for form and still get issue YesNo plugin that breaks multipage. What I don't know is if it is this markup issue...
  2. BodgeIT

YesNo element breaks multipage form since 3.9(I think)

Hi, I'm running J3.9.3 and Fabrik 3.9 updated from Github #2171 04/03/19 I just noticed that one of my forms wont get to the 3rd page unless I disabled the YesNo element which is on the last page of 5. Page 1 and 2 do not pagebreak. The YesNo element activates js for showing another element...
  3. BodgeIT

[Solved] Form gets stuck on Validating

@troester I found my issue! Took a while but someone had added "" around a word in the validation tip text of the calc elements on the form.
  4. BodgeIT

Aha, sorry @troester, I had missed your message. Nice tip, thanks. The error being thrown is: 0 syntax error, unexpected '>', expecting end of file Now, Iwonder which of 46k files it might be ;-) ?: Do you think the /diagnostics/ addition to the url is a red herring?
  5. BodgeIT

I'm learning! I turned on Fabrik debug and now get this error when submitting form to nav to next page: jquery.min.js?7f94fa22fb00214d4d05e23447cccb3b:4 POST https://dev.sitenamechanged.org.uk/diagnostics/index.php?option=com_fabrik&format=raw&task=form.ajax_validate&form_id=9 500 (Internal...
  6. BodgeIT

This was working until either 3.8.0 or 3.8.1 update I think. I've withheld url deliberately, can pm it.
  7. BodgeIT

I've tried everything on this, I'm not getting any console errors that I can see. I'm pretty sure that all elements of form are available in ACL. I've disabled validations for elements but form still gets stuck. I've disabled many other JS on this page to see if there is interference. I've tried...
  8. BodgeIT

Completely inappropriate canonical tags

"The point about canonical URLs is that (as I understand it) they are supposed to tell Google what the definitive URL is when several different URLs point to the same content." This is true but what it also does is to help Google organise the information it indexes against a site. It...
  9. BodgeIT

For a joomla article with menu "about-us" alias, the url would be http://domain.name/about-us the canonical should be "<link href="http://domain.name/about-us" rel="canonical" /> I just cannot understand what Fabrik is doing. even just providing the relative url is completely wrong.
  10. BodgeIT

Message edited: "If you have two menu items to the same list, they would have different J! SEF aliases." For this case, I would use one menu item and use a Joomla menu alias to point to it. In the past this would keep the sef url the same(it would add a date to the alias config but translate...
  11. BodgeIT

Hi Hugh, I've pm'd you.
  12. BodgeIT

Hi Hugh, that sux! I appreciate there are many ways to skin a cat but I expect the system to follow my lead, the menu is the only way I have to control the sef structure so for Fabrik to completely ignore it doesn't make any sense. Not going to try and convince you to change it but could you...
  13. BodgeIT

Hi Hugh, that technically sounds like it should produce the correct canonical but.. If you see my menu, it should be following that structure so technically should look exactly the same as the good SEF urls above, not the component based fabrik ones.
  14. BodgeIT

[Solved] Footer form(module) breaks on a page linked to a diff form through component

Hi Hugh, Thanks for all the time you took on this. Sorry to have not come and ackowledged that. The issue had something to do with the way the template renders error pages...mashes up relative urls with a starting "/". Fixed it.
  15. BodgeIT

Hi just had a look at my Google Search console and found 3/4 of my pages, even ones presented through sitemap are excluded from the index. When I looked at the source code I could see why. The canonical is completely mashed up. so for a url like this...
  16. BodgeIT

[Solved] Footer form(module) breaks on a page linked to a diff form through component

Very odd. Using Chrome and clearing cache didn't change. Just tried in FF too. Must be down to the login. I'm logging in to this page. I'll give you login to verify but that already provides me an extra clue.
  17. BodgeIT

That form only supposed to have 3 fields. Not the survey embedded in it too
  18. BodgeIT

OK I think this has something to do with it: /media/com_fabrik/js/dist/form.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addEvent' of null at Object.watchGroupButtons (/media/com_fabrik/js/dist/form.js:3) at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js:38) at Object.setUp...
  19. BodgeIT

Hi Hugh, The form called in the component through the menu is displayed again in the footer module. Module is definitely calling the correct form(diff from component). EDIT: I can show on a demo if that helps? Thanks as always for your help..
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back