Search results

1. M

<class> warfare, css, and the line break...

Also, related to checkboxes? <?php if (!empty($otheracts_raw)) { Always returns true <?php if ($otheracts_raw != '[""]') { Returns true or false
  2. M

Quote required for work

:) Yes. Ironically they can be found under 'Tutorials". Help>Tutorials specifically. Two that I am aware of. Perhaps more, there, and elsewhere. Comedy. Makes all things better!
  3. M

That is awesome! I had concluded a couple of days ago that I was just an idiot who had lost his mind. Well, that might be true anyway. LOL I can tell you this about it though- moving things around, changing things, and chopping out huge chunks of code in elementlist.php did not work. LOL again.
  4. M

set width of the dropdown field

I'm a simpleton... I used the 'format' settings within the element itself (bootstrap). Set '# columns' to accomodate.
  5. M

Well, I suppose a picture is worth a thousand words. I have created a mock-up this morning showing that which is eluding me. Put simply, how do I render checkbox selections in the same manner that dropdown selections are rendered. The key seems to be in...
  6. M

displaying a list in php plugin

Perhaps it is trying to send an array? ;)
  7. M

Quote required for work

There are some tutorials which I looked at that are really good. Easy to follow and implement. Do the tutorials and send your money to the team instead ;) That is my plan...
  8. M

Hi T, I'm still not sure why styling was causing that which lead me down my ill conceived path but the ultimate problem appears to be that I was trying to force the 'List' view to do that which it wasn't intended. Not without a re-write anyway. That said I have moved my efforts to a 'Details'...
  9. M

displaying a list in php plugin

Not sure I get you completely, however all the elements I have used so far are capable of processing php. Example: All my form components are populated via php and a database like below. $options[] = JHTML::_('select.option', ' ', ' ' ); $db = JFactory::getDbo(); $db->setQuery('SELECT...
  10. M

that would not go away. I have spent the better part of 3 days in templates, css, core files, php, etc and cannot shake a line break. Imagine my elation when I stumbled into some group templates that I had missed somehow. But alas, in every rendition of the variables with every css style in...
  11. M

Couple of Noob Questions...

Not sure if it is relevant or of any interest, but here is where I have landed in this (right or wrong). The ultimate goal being to extend the capabilities of another extension in such a way that it was seamless, and required as little modifying to the other extension core as possible. Standard...
  12. M

$formModel->updateFormData

I find myself in this exact situation. Did you get it solved? How? Thank you in advance Follow-up: (same kinkaz settings) <baby steps> $formModel->updateFormData( 'jos_fab_ven_atts___venueid', 'Greg' , true ); Test data working now $jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input; $venueid =...
  13. M

Admin modules for fabrik 3.3.2

http://fabrikar.com/download?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0
  14. M

Pull Values from Details View and Reuse on New Form

I appreciate the info. We are running similar paths and I have seen the folly of my methods and the errors of my ways. Need to get my mind unstuck from last weeks / last extensions ways...
  15. M

A real coder pointed out that my over complicated solution would be better this way- so I am sharing the revision to the method. $jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input; $venueid = $jinput->getInt('id', 0); return $venueid;
  16. M

And then I discovered a malformed URL. Oy! But alas, another new trick... $jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input; preg_match('/-?[0-9]+/', $jinput->get('id'), $matches); $venueid = @ (int) $matches[0]; return $venueid;
  17. M

Seems like creating a hidden field that passes the variables from detail view to Application would be enough. Then you just insert them in the form. I have been successful in a similar adventure doing this.You could do a new query at Application form but that seems pointless. Curious, how did...
  18. M

Another blonde moment... The module I was linking to was a 'form' module and not a 'list' module. Derp! Sometimes you just need to see your own foley plastered on the internet for the whole to see...
  19. M

Convert these to variables before you pass them in the URL think. These look like parts of a query. But I don't really know the J suff or Fabrik. Pull up the URL with details view and post it here. Perhaps there is a cleaner way with the original URL. mine_fabrik_applications___job_id={id} &...
  20. M

OK This is proper... $jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input; $venueid = $jinput->get('id');
Back